Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec and Megajolt
david_hornet27

posted on 14/7/11 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec and Megajolt

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of converting my Pinto powered Seven to Zetec power. I already have a Megajolt running the Pinto and am wondering if the same unit will power the Zetec?

I have a lovely Blacktop Zetec waiting in the back of the garage and now have everything I need for the conversion except the inlet manifold and exhaust manifold (the most expensive bits) although I will probably fabricate the exhaust manifold to keep costs down. Hoping I won't have to shell out for another Megajolt!!

Cheers, Dave.

big_wasa

posted on 14/7/11 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
It will work. Just rewire and remap.
david_hornet27

posted on 14/7/11 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you!
bbwales

posted on 14/7/11 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I went from a 2.0Ltr DOHC to a Zetec, no re-wiring required and just fitted it and it ran, used Bike carbs though.

Regards

Bob

austin man

posted on 14/7/11 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
works fine im running a 1.8 with zx9 carbs no problems. As it happens I am taking it for a little spin tommorow and will return tuesday after a visit to one certain 13 mile toll road in Germany

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

david_hornet27

posted on 14/7/11 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Have a great time at the Nurburgring Austin! Very Jealous! And thanks for the help Everyone else. Was a bit confused as I have seen Megajolts listed specifically for Zetecs on Trigger wheels. I guess this is is because it is listed as a complete kit and needs different/less additions than the pinto kit.
mcerd1

posted on 14/7/11 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
^^ if you keep the zetec's own flywheel, then you can use its std. VR sensor location - so no need for the trigger wheel at all

other than that you'll just need a different set of plug leads withe teh big rubber boots on them (the std. ones for the zetec probably) and a new map

[Edited on 14/7/2011 by mcerd1]

-

david_hornet27

posted on 15/7/11 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
This conversion is sounding easier and easier!! Thanks for that everybody, esp the advice about the flywheel as I have a 1.8 zetec one (lighter) waiting to be attached.
coozer

posted on 15/7/11 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
1.8 flywheel is the way to go, you just need a mk1 Mondeo clutch and Capri (CT133) release bearing.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.