Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Weather kit needed urgently
ElvisDrivesAnMK

posted on 12/8/11 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Weather kit needed urgently

I have an MK Indy-R that we've planned an 8 day road trip round France in that we leave for on Thursday 25th August. I've fitted a GBS windscreen to it already with a view to buying their weather kit (I've already done a trial fit at GBS with one from their demo car). However, GBS have been waiting for a supply of weather kits for a few weeks now and that their supplier has promised them but not delivered on John and Richard at GBS have been as helpful as they can be but it seems their hands are tied.

As you can imagine, I'm getting pretty nervous about not having a weather kit (roof and doors) in time and having been caught out in torrential rain on the A1 a week or so ago, going without weather protection is not an option.

Does anyone have a GBS (or similar) weather kit they want to sell/rent (for a fee as daft as it sounds) or can recommend someone (preferably in the North of England) that can supply one that will fit (at short notice)?

Thanks in advance (here's hoping)

Elvis.

ElvisDrivesAnMK

posted on 12/8/11 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
More info...

Presstuds are also already fitted to the windscreen and rear of the car in anticipation of the weather kit!

Cheers,

Elvis

swanny

posted on 12/8/11 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
have you tried on the rhocar site too?

ElvisDrivesAnMK

posted on 12/8/11 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Funny you should mention that. Yes, I looked just after posting this. Someone sold a new complete weather kit 4 days ago! Aaarrrggghh.
designer

posted on 12/8/11 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
You should tell us what car it is for!!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ElvisDrivesAnMK

posted on 12/8/11 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
An MK Indy-R as the post says in the first line or am I missing something??
Humbug

posted on 12/8/11 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
You should tell us what car it is for!!

An MK Indy-R, perchance?

designer

posted on 12/8/11 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
What's GBS got to do with MK-Indy?

Because I have a full set of 2B weather gear to go when I come to the UK in September.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ElvisDrivesAnMK

posted on 12/8/11 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
GBS windscreen and weather kit were significantly cheaper than MK and fit ok and having collected the windscreen from their premises and spoken to their chief mechanic I was impressed with their setup.
austin man

posted on 12/8/11 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
man up brother an get damp. Just had a 5 day trip to the nurberg ring rained every day you dry in the end lol

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

RK

posted on 13/8/11 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't driven my car on the road, but have in the rain at autoslalom. I just thought you dressed as if you are on a bike,lived with it, and packed your personal things in plastic bags. I guess my view on these cars is a bit different
NickMK

posted on 18/8/11 at 06:09 AM Reply With Quote
you could get some fabric from Fabric uk and make a half hood. It took me half a day to make this one and it only cost £40

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/4/viewthread.php?tid=157188

Nick

ElvisDrivesAnMK

posted on 18/8/11 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NickMK
you could get some fabric from Fabric uk and make a half hood. It took me half a day to make this one and it only cost £40

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/4/viewthread.php?tid=157188

Nick

I saw your impressive post a week or two back but unfortunately don't have the time, skills, equipment to replicate it. However, GBS supplier came good in the end and I collected the complete weatherkit on Monday. Fitting it this weekend with help from a good mate

ElvisDrivesAnMK

posted on 18/8/11 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
I haven't driven my car on the road, but have in the rain at autoslalom. I just thought you dressed as if you are on a bike,lived with it, and packed your personal things in plastic bags. I guess my view on these cars is a bit different

Driving in rain at an autoslalom is hardly the same as driving in heavy rain at 60mph+ on a motorway is it. I just thought you bought a kit car to drive rather than leaving it in the garage most of the time only to do a few hundred miles a year if you're lucky.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.