Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ZX12R Oil Pressure Gauge
twybrow

posted on 16/8/11 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
ZX12R Oil Pressure Gauge

I would like to fit an oil pressure gauge to my ZX12R engine. I have been told that you can use the location of the original oil pressure warning sensor, using a T-piece. Can anyone tell me if this is how they did it? And what size is the T-piece I require? I can take out the sensor, but I don't have any thread gauges - can anyone let me know what they used?

Thanks!

Tris

posted on 16/8/11 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Well you can remove / get rid of the bike's oil pressure warning switch - it only controls a light on the bikes dash and does not go anywhere near the ECU. You should also find that the bikes sensor screws into a boss which then screws into the engine crankcase. You should be able to unscrew the boss but i kept mine in.

From memory its a M10 metric fine thread that then screws through this boss, but not 100% sure on that without taking mine to bits. Andy Bates should be able to tell you what it is and supply the required fitting if you get stuck. Suppose there's nothing stopping you from drilling / tapping this boss to what ever thread you need to match your sensor, and plug it directly in.

Cheers
Tris

BobM

posted on 16/8/11 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
I think most of the Jap engines are 1/8" NPTF. Recommended to remote mount an oil pressure sensor via a braided hose as the vibration kills them otherwise. If in doubt speak to ETB, they supply a suitable adapter and hose at a very reasonable price, it's not listed on their website but ISTR it was about a tenner. They also supply the sensor with dual output for both pressure gauge and low pressure switch.

Not very Locost but very BEC

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.