Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Advice on private car leasing?
nick205

posted on 18/8/11 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
Advice on private car leasing?

Looking for people's thoughts, experience and advice on leasing a car privately please?

ianclark1275

posted on 18/8/11 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
try lings cars.

sponsored our racing a while ago. shes nuts but a nice girl.

IC

LINK lings cars

measure twice, cut once, scrap it, start again.

nick205

posted on 18/8/11 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
bloody bonkers website for a start!
ianclark1275

posted on 18/8/11 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
i said she was nuttier than a squirrels lunch box.

measure twice, cut once, scrap it, start again.

MK9R

posted on 19/8/11 at 06:39 AM Reply With Quote
I've done it before, and actually ordered myself and the wife 2 new cars earlier this year (although cancelled them as the delivery times from the manufacturer were stupid). If you want a new car every 2 or 3 years it can be the cheapeast and leass hassle option. But you have to hunt around for the right deal, and haggle and batter prices down. And look for the cars which are on offer, end of line stock of cars in stock. Be open to what car you want, you'll be amazed at he the price comparisons of different models as its all about residuals, for example the mini i wanted (nearly £20k car) was hardly anymore expensive than a bog standard fiesta, and Alfas dont even go there!! Also dont be afraid of getting prices direct from the dealer, the mini i ordered was actually cheaper direct to mini than anyone else, although it took a lot of haggling to get there. Independant leasing firm wise i found that http://www.kgvs.co.uk/ were the most competitive on price i could find, not many could match their prices.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
LINGsCARS

posted on 19/8/11 at 06:44 AM Reply With Quote
Ah, hahaha!

Thanks very much for the referral!

I am Ling and I suggest you wear sunglasses for looking at my website.

It is not really designed for builders, as I started building it and then finished! I think that is unknown in the building trade But, I keep improving it, most of it held together with silicone filler. At my end, my website stinks of vinegar.

Help yourself to look around, but please don't do any fly-tipping or leave piles of rubble for me to clean up in my website.

It's not *ALL* about price. You should be careful who you choose to deal with - as I am sure you understand, in the building trade. You don't want suppliers going bust while you are waiting for your car. For instance, a certain company mentioned in a post just above, has a net worth of just £37 in their last (only) published accounts (public info) and their working capital was declared as -£1700. They also had a dissolved warning issued by Companies House which has now been discontinued.

Anyway, back to the fun! YES, I did sponsor the rallycross idiots! That was good fun. here are some rallycross fun vids where my girls (Lina and Lulu, or Emma and Vicki) terrorise the drivers, hahaha!:

http://youtu.be/wxUGYoBoldI
http://youtu.be/wwMyNYp5VGI
http://youtu.be/seumARtEtYU

Be careful, boyz!

[Edited on 19/8/11 by LINGsCARS]

I am Ling!
LINGsCARS
Vance Business Park
Gateshead NE11 9NE

peter bland

posted on 19/8/11 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
try contract hire and leasing .com ,its a comparison site and the one i used . You can get some good deals if you shop around and cheaper than going direct through the manufature.
LINGsCARS

posted on 19/8/11 at 09:38 AM Reply With Quote
Very little on contract hire and leasing.com is real.

I had to send Trading Standards around to them as they were representing deals illegally.

So many firms hide information/fees, or use a non-standard 6x up front payment or some spurious and high "deposit" amount (standard is 3+) or they hide VAT etc. I agree it is a nightmare out there. Many firms simply want to "take you out of the market" with false or old deals which then miraculously disappear.

Many firms obsess about price-points without really grasping that what customers want to see, is the truth - represented on a level playing field for comparison. How many do you click through to find a bad website with deals that no longer exist?

Choose with care. Check company's financial risk status. many are dodge-pots, operated with no safety, from bedrooms.

Whatever you do, don't pay anyone a deposit upon car order. No need, and that smacks of "scam". Money should go to the FINANCE provider, not the car broker.

I am Ling!
LINGsCARS
Vance Business Park
Gateshead NE11 9NE

franky

posted on 19/8/11 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
What is the cheapest car in the UK to lease?
LINGsCARS

posted on 19/8/11 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Probably something like a Citroen C1 or Kia Picanto.

However on contracthire and leasing.com you will probably find a BMW M5 for half that money

I am Ling!
LINGsCARS
Vance Business Park
Gateshead NE11 9NE

Colnago_Man

posted on 19/8/11 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Try this website as a great search engine for lease cars.

http://www.contracthireandleasing.com/

I've leased my last 3 Audis, each for 2 years at a time - no problems at all and great value. I've a fixed monthly payment that include tax/maintenance/tyres/servicing. As the cars are always under warranty I know there isnt going to be an unexpected cost (apart from punctures!)

Dont forget to try main dealers for lease costs too, i went through loads of middlemen to get a cost then went to dealer how matched it no problem.

P.S As a private lease make sure you quote includes the VAT!

nick205

posted on 20/8/11 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers chaps - some good places to start looking.

Ling - I want to lease a car from you just because of your enthusiasm

BTW dod you have some sort of web sniffer that detects when people are talking about you.....?!?!

LINGsCARS

posted on 22/8/11 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
Nick

I don't have a "web sniffer" hahahaha )

I simply monitor my website and see what referrer people are coming from. Quite a few people came from this place over the past few days!

It would be fun to have a web-sniffer (whatever one of those is) , it would make a good pet.

Hahaha!

I am Ling!
LINGsCARS
Vance Business Park
Gateshead NE11 9NE

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.