Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 69 hour week
JoelP

posted on 1/8/04 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
69 hour week

anyone else do that many hours? and still get friday afternoon off?!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

phelpsa

posted on 1/8/04 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
I spend 132 hrs a week in school

Adam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dave1888

posted on 1/8/04 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
58 hrs normally still to much however got myself a new job that should see the hours come down abit
stephen_gusterson

posted on 1/8/04 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
I recon my working life has amounted to

52,896 hrs

so I wouldnt complain too loudly!

AND I havnt had 16 weeks off a year since 1975!

atb

steve

JoelP

posted on 1/8/04 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
well im not complaining, cos i got paid for 80 hours this week including bonuses! just a shame i dont have much time for the car now!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Tblue

posted on 1/8/04 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Used to do 70+ most weeks till I went self employed, now I earn more money in 45. Subcontracting, I love it.
Mark Allanson

posted on 1/8/04 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
I work 7:00 to 18:00 every day (only 5 days) which is only 55 hours a week, but I get paid for the hours I achieve over a month, last month I achieved an average of 22 hours per day so I get paid double wages over the next 4 weeks

My base rate is £5 per hour, so if I do badly in a month, its bread and water (thankfully its never happened yet), but when I win loads of work I'm quids in. You cannot beat a good incentive scheme to sharpen the concentration!!

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Skirrow

posted on 1/8/04 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
I do 71 hours.

But.....

I get every other week off!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
drmike54

posted on 2/8/04 at 12:51 AM Reply With Quote
I did 36 hours of work in 2 days once starting up the emission controls on a gas turbine engine. In my business, Water & Sewer Plant controls, you can't say "See you tommorow nobody drink anything or take a crap because my shift is over."
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 2/8/04 at 03:52 AM Reply With Quote
When we contracted we did 7 x 12 hour shifts, it was come home sleep get up back to work. Murder in the winter here in Scotland. Nice money but no time to spend it....wife saw to that bit thou.

Now we have a 9- 5.30 + an on call every four weeks. After a week of being called out at all times....you are nacked. I did a seventeen hour shift last time out and almost fell asleep on the one hour drive back from Dumpdee!
The new idea is to do a 3x 10 hours +1 7.5hr and have 3 days off. Sounds good till they tell you weekends are normal days. Goodbye to double time and if you are out on call all night you have to come to work the next day otherwise you pay will be docked! See a few vans going off the road cause the guys are sleepy. The other thing is that you are expected on the days off to cover overtime or else.

We think that this is a means of getting rid of staff by making hours of work so c***p that they leave. The other group that was forced to do these hours have said forget you have a family cause when you are off they are away at work and school and visea versa .
Any one else on moontime shifts?

[Edited on 2-8-04 by mangogrooveworkshop]

madforfishing

posted on 2/8/04 at 05:44 AM Reply With Quote
Paid for 168 Hours per week @ approx £3 per hour.
On call 24 hrs a day.
No extra pay for overtime.
Huge manning cuts, just to stretch the workforce a bit more.
If I couldn't take a joke, I shouldn't have joined up.
Scutter will no doubt agree and reply.

nicklondon

posted on 2/8/04 at 05:54 AM Reply With Quote
doesn't the EU 48 hr week come in to effect from jan 05?

posted on 2/8/04 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
EU 48 hr week?????

We can start working anywere between 7 and 10 in the morning.Our working day is 8 hrs which includes lunch time(30 min) and a morning coffee break(15 min).
We can stop working from 2 a clock in the afternoon as long as your average is 160 hrs a month.
We have 43 days payed leave every year and would you believe that there are still idiots who complain?????

phelpsa

posted on 2/8/04 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
In school from 8:00 on Monday morning until 16:30 saturday afternoon. I'll admit, we do have 8 week summer holidays and 4 week Christmas and Easter holidays which does equal roughly 1 week off every three weeks! I've never really thought about it like that.

Adam

spunky

posted on 2/8/04 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Good grief...
I'm contracted to a 37 hour week. Salary, so no overtime or additional hours and 26 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Oh yeah, and I've been signed off sick for 5 months, which may go on longer after my little RTA last week....

John

The reckless man may not live as long......
But the cautious man does not live at all.....

Skirrow

posted on 2/8/04 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
Well, see if anyone can beat this.....

Last year I worked 15 hours on Xmas day and the same on Boxing day.

Sounds kinda sick but they paid me triple time on top of my salary so it was effectively 90 hours additional pay and I slept for most of it.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 2/8/04 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
didnt you miss out that for that money you might need to lay down your life for queen and country too?

Im assuming you are in the services.....

atb

steve

quote:
Originally posted by madforfishing
Paid for 168 Hours per week @ approx £3 per hour.
On call 24 hrs a day.
No extra pay for overtime.
Huge manning cuts, just to stretch the workforce a bit more.
If I couldn't take a joke, I shouldn't have joined up.
Scutter will no doubt agree and reply.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.