Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dash 2 and wideband
beaver34

posted on 25/8/11 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
Dash 2 and wideband

I have Racetechnology dash 2 and want to run wideband lambda, I know it can do this but do I just need the sensor or some I've seen have a box with them

I know that dosnt make much sense! But I presume it let's either a gauge or the dash read the sensor?

Anyone done it before on here?

jeffw

posted on 26/8/11 at 05:53 AM Reply With Quote
I would have thought you would want to attach the wide-band to your ECU. The Dash2 would then be able to read the info from the ECU (depending on which one it is). Have a look at their knowledge base

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/?pcat=2&cat=7445&lang=1&sid=fqm70s56453fv74k6395mosdd3

BobM

posted on 26/8/11 at 06:10 AM Reply With Quote
I think the Innovate LC1 is the popular choice. I use a Stack lambda that came with its own gauge, got it from Demon Tweeks. I'm using a DigiDash but the Stack produces a standard 0-5v output that most dataloggers can read. Are you using your Dash2 with a DL1?

Not very Locost but very BEC

beaver34

posted on 26/8/11 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
I would have thought you would want to attach the wide-band to your ECU. The Dash2 would then be able to read the info from the ECU (depending on which one it is). Have a look at their knowledge base

http://www.race-technology.com/wiki/?pcat=2&cat=7445&lang=1&sid=fqm70s56453fv74k6395mosdd3

looked in there, it seemed you needed a full wideband kit to do it that way, which seems strange as it cheaper to buy a aem sensor a gauge, im using omex 600 and have the lead from the omex to the dash so it pulls the reading from that

jeffw

posted on 26/8/11 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
You will need a full wide band kit anyway as the ECU doesn't read the sensor on its own. If you get the full kit and attach it to the Omex you will then be able to display the data on the Dash2.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.