Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: +442 bodywork
samjc

posted on 31/8/11 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
+442 bodywork

Help needed as im after either making or having made a rear pannel so require measurements. Any help apreciated :-)
Daddylonglegs

posted on 31/8/11 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
If you can wait until tommorrow I'll measure mine for you.

John

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

austin man

posted on 31/8/11 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Make it out of alluminium sheet it forms really easy

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

samjc

posted on 1/9/11 at 05:39 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers john most apreciated. Just after some prices for pannels and keep weight down but if its gunna cost a fortune i may make one from ally but at the moment i may pick up a standard rear pannel and widen it to suit or have one made up not so sure as yet.
Triton

posted on 1/9/11 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
It's a lot of work making a narrow panel fit and to have one made as a one off will cost a fortune as will need to make a plug then a mould then the part from it. You will be better off doing as Austin bloke has said and make it in ali sheet.

[Edited on 1/9/11 by Triton]

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RK

posted on 1/9/11 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
I made a rear panel out of three parts. It can be done, is not especially difficult, although it requires patience. It is the cheapest option on a car that costs way more than you think it should in the end. And I may add, quite satisfying work. There are ways of repairing bodges which are inevitable. Many vids and pics available on techniques too.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.