Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: header tank location
beaver34

posted on 3/9/11 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
header tank location

i want to put my header tank in the nose of my car, maily to make it easier tidyier and less pipework, will be about level with the rad which has a bleed at the top, will it work ok like this? or does it have to sit higher than the engine?

here is a pic

wilkingj

posted on 3/9/11 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
I think you want it to be higher than the higest water level inside the engine / and or radiator. Otherwise you will get air locks etc.
Also you will never be able to fill the engine to capacity with water. Unless you have a source of gravity defying water

It needs to be the highest part in the system.

Not what you want to hear, but is better in the long run, if you want your engine to last!

[Edited on 3/9/2011 by wilkingj]

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jollygreengiant

posted on 3/9/11 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
I Agree with Geoff, the type of expansion/header tank that you have shown needs to be at/with the fill/max level as the highest point of the system. I am using the same type of header tank and have mounted it on the front of the scuttle (and to the top cover of the footwell) using the rover mouting bracket that was on the doner vehicle (a 214 if I am not mistaken). With a little thought it is possible to place it so that it is neat AND fully functional and very easy to keep an eye on and refill is needed (but if all is well then it should need no refilling).

[Edited on 3/9/11 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

beaver34

posted on 3/9/11 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
yes know what you mean, had it there before but wasn't the easiest to get the pipework sorted, just trying things out!
nike5

posted on 12/9/11 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Traditionally, Westfields used to use a Mk2 Fiesta header tank (mounted on the skuttle).

Think they now use Vauxhall Corsa header tank, mounted under the nose cone?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.