Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: solonoid fuel cut off valve
fazerruss

posted on 15/9/11 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
solonoid fuel cut off valve

Hi all just wanting a bit of help. I'm building an imobiliser for a mates HGV and I'm trying to find a suitable solonoid valve for the fuel line. It needs to be 24v operated and a decent flow rate as its a BIG diesel engine. The poor man is sick of his stuff getting nicked. His last fully kitted truck with crane ect ot nicked along with alot of tools and somebodys already had a go at this one damaging locks, smashed side window.
He asked a mechanic to fit a fuel tap so if nicked the wagon would stop down the road. Thing is the pilloc put the tap above the fuel tank in full view and its bright red!!!!!!.
So along withe the imobiliser I want to fit an extra fuel valve somewhere descreat in the engine bay.

One like this but its a bit steep and not 24v .......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-12v-Fuel-CUT-OFF-Solenoid-Valve-6-0mm-dia-/330614123834?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4c fa232d3a

"if assholes could fly this place would be an airport"

britishtrident

posted on 15/9/11 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
LPG parts suppliers sell them for a lot les s but only 12v so you will need to ballast it.

Tinley Tech

les g

posted on 15/9/11 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
why not break into the speed limiter wire and put in a hidden switch.
a lot of speed limiters will only allow the engine to rev at just over tickover. if they fail ie go open circuit.
that way they wont be able to go far on tickover.
is it perhaps a modern lorry with an adbloo tank
if so how about a switch on the low level sensor for the adbloo ...does the same thing only lets the engine have part revs
cheers les g

fazerruss

posted on 15/9/11 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Ive just been looking in the garage and found the imobiliser I built for his first truck which he asked me to remove to fit to his second truck ( the one that got stolen) but he was so busy using truck no 2 that I never got the chance to refit the imobiliser. Needless to say he wishes he found the time to let me have it for a few hours. His business is block paving and pattern imprinted concrete for which hed spent thousands on adapting it to suit his needs.

Les g where and what does the speed limiter look like?

The imobiliser I built breaks the circuit in 3 places but with it being diesel it was always difficult to find suitible circuits to brake into. Ideally then i would go fo the starter wire, fuel solonoid circuit and this speed limiter wire if I can find it.
I cant remember at the moment what make of lorry it is. No 1 was a volvo, no 2 was an Iveco but this one?
Ill find out tomorow morning when he comes to carry on with my drive.

ss1turbo

posted on 16/9/11 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
Newer wagons may have moved to a cleverer injection pump by now than just the traditional Stop solenoid (cars had about 15 years ago..) so best check first. It may be coded and/or have an ECU in which case dropping the power to that might work. Also what about the control (not power) supply to the glow plug heaters? Not sure if it'll prevent starting, but might...

Long live RWD...

fazerruss

posted on 16/9/11 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
The lorry is a MAN. I forgot to look at the reg but it looks about 8+ years old

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.