Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which Engine new car?
R1 STRIKER

posted on 4/10/11 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Which Engine new car?

Thinking on build a new car mainly for track/hill climbs, but may try to have it road legal, though i know that compromises things. So far i've had a Raw Striker with a 4age trac pac 1 (161bhp), then converted that to R1. Then I did the Caterham Academy in 2008 (1600 zetec s).

I'm thinking of another striker, maybe pheonix, but I also like the mnr. What is the engine of choice these days? Prob bike engine, is the hayabusa still king?!

All advice welcome as it's been a few years since i had much to do with them. I do live in the same town as raw so that is the easy option.

bi22le

posted on 4/10/11 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
If your looking at BEC then ZX12R seem quite common and CBR1000 are often abused and loved by the RGB racers. I think Busa still carry a premium.

Maybe call AB motorsport or Yorkshire engines and see what they are offering.

Im still loving my Striker and 4age blacktop. Hankering for a supercharger though!!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

whitestu

posted on 5/10/11 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
ZX12Rs seem really cheap - You can buy a whole bike for about £1500 and sell what you don't need.
yorkshire-engines

posted on 1/11/11 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
where from id love a zx12 complete bike at £1500
a salvage one last week with no front end and 28000 miles went for £1850 PLUS VAT

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.