Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: how do replace the rear handbrake caliper spring?
aka Keith

posted on 7/10/11 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
how do replace the rear handbrake caliper spring?

I have some shortened handbrake caliper springs for the MK. Sierra disks. Been out in the garage for the last hour, I can easily remove the old springs, but how the feck do you put the new ones back on?

Cheers
Craig

daniel mason

posted on 7/10/11 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
Bit of a struggle but you will manage. Even I managed it and im a numpty! Just the reverse of removal really.

aka Keith

posted on 7/10/11 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Any tricks of the trade here to help....I cannot get ennough purchase on the new spring to fit it back ito position.

Cheers
Craig

novacaine

posted on 20/12/11 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
Digging up an old post here but could be useful – I stumbled across this post with a google search and maybe someone else will do the same

Im about to do this on my Fiat Bravo,

Im planning on (carefully) compressing the spring with a G clamp – then holding it with mole grips whilst the g – clamp is taken off – then cable tying the spring shut to make easier to manoeuvre it into position then cutting the tie

Please wear impact safety specs for this – I've already had a spring shoot out of the g clamp when I wasn’t being all that careful and its made a nice hole in the side of my finger – would hate to think what it would do to unprotected eyes

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but its sinking, Racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but your older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.