Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: fork lift self build snow plough
escary

posted on 10/10/11 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
fork lift self build snow plough

anyone got drawings for a forklift snow plough attachment?

it's gonna snow up here again, i'm certain

regards

Ewan

Greenie

posted on 10/10/11 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
We have an attachment at work, I can take some pics if you want but I am not back in until next week.... any good?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
samjc

posted on 10/10/11 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Fellas at work made one few bits of steel, worked well but no designs. Id assume a buldoser front with some means of securing to the forks for going backwards.
Stott

posted on 10/10/11 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
I've made 2 in the past and had one bought in.

The 2 we made were sleeves that fitted over the forks with an M12 thread in the top so you could put pinch bolts through and a bit of armco barrier attached to the front but with one sleeve forward of the other so the plough was on a wonk and the snow went to one side, the barrier was mounted so you were ploughing with the rear face.

The one that was bought was a half section of approx 700mm dia plastic pipe with a wall thickness of about 20mm mounted to shaped brackets, welded to the sleeves.

The armco was the king really but if you caught it on the floor it would buckle, but we did go a bit fast in truth. The plastic one worked all day on the other hand but needed to be scraped along the floor from time to time to sharpen the lower edge up and true it, if that makes sense.

Just looked through my laptop and I don't have any pics sorry

HTH
Stott

[Edited on 10/10/11 by Stott]

Big Stu

posted on 10/10/11 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
Alright Ewan, how are you doing not spoke to you in a while.

I was actually just looking into this today, as I am looking to make one to fit the front of the land rover.
The design for the forklift will be similar to what I am doing except for mounting. Fairly simply design as it is only for doing the drive and our street.
I was going to do the blade in four sections to form the curve, as I don't think I would be able to bend it with what I have got here. Probably going to use 2mm steel
For the blade, although I had thought about steel for the bottom section and Ali for the rest.

Give me a bell I am sure we could come up with the design on the back of a beer mat, need to show you the new motor too.

Stuart.

serieslandy

posted on 11/10/11 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look at ebay for a few ideas [url=http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=fork+lift+snowplow&_sacat=0&_odkw=fork+lift&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313]here[/url ]

[Edited on 11/10/11 by serieslandy]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.