Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Who provides the best home phone, internet & TV package.
cjwood23

posted on 19/10/11 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Who provides the best home phone, internet & TV package.

Guys,
We're moving house in the next few weeks and we're looking to start narrowing down utility suppliers etc.

Who provides the best deal for the above?

Looking for decent internet connection, cheap line rental & calls, and anything that has the basic sky channels (Disney etc. for the kids....).

Cheers

Chris

jossey

posted on 19/10/11 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
virgin if you can get it.

i know some people hate them but to be honest now i cant use them i miss them so much.

i have BT phone (£10)
orange broadband (£17) and sh*t
sky tv (£11) half price as i told them ill cancel. i have all channels but movies/sports. Sky is ok and no problems.

I miss the virgin internet as its super fast and you can download 700mb in 7 mins.......

Virgin TV was annoying with channels but 10 years no issue.

Virgin customer services not great but orange and BT customer services are as bad.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cjwood23

posted on 19/10/11 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
Ooops - forgot to say we can't get Virgin in our area. Well we can, but only telephone.....

Chris

jossey

posted on 19/10/11 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
ignore mine then :O)

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
D Beddows

posted on 19/10/11 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Yup another vote for Virgin - mostly because their broadband is excellent, reliable with constantly high speeds and in about 7 years of having it I think we've had 2 problems and one of those was due to an ancient router dying. Both issues were sorted quickly as well

No they're not perfect but none of them are.........

Ah - and mine

[Edited on 19/10/11 by D Beddows]

AdamR

posted on 19/10/11 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
I've got everything with Sky. Probably not as good value as Virgin, but excellent TV (esp with HD) and you can get it anywhere. My package includes unlimited broadband for £7.50, which I think is great value and is as fast as any other DSL provider.

See what Sky cashback deals you can get at QuidCo. When combined with whatever other offers they're running, and averaged out over a year, it makes the monthly price pretty good. I got £50 M&S vouchers + £100 cashback from Quidco, meaning I'm effectively paying ~£30 per month for phone, broadband and HD TV.

[Edited on 19/10/11 by AdamR]

r1_pete

posted on 19/10/11 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
I,ve got Sky, regularly test BB speed at 10+MB/Sec, TV (no movies or Sport), and phone, averages at about £40 a month depending on phone call volumes.

I also use the BB to work at home and no problems with down or uploading some pretty large files, never (touch wood) had any downtime.

T66

posted on 19/10/11 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Ive been Sky for a few years, phone,net ,tv etc and its been really good until we moved house.

Trying to organise an install as an existing customer, is shite with an enormous amount of capital letters.

Theres no virgin (s) here, so sky is the best deal, but I was so pissed off with their dreadful service Ive got to Orange.

Which was very simply arranged, and has the download speed of a really slow thing, pulling a really heavy thing.

Unfortunately as much as I hate sky, they are probably the best combined package.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.