Poll: Scots LCB'ers... How Would You Vote? [View Results]
Independence
Devolution 'Max'
Status Quo
Scrap The Lot & Just Get Back to Westminster

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Scots LCB'ers... How Would You Vote?
scootz

posted on 24/10/11 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Scots LCB'ers... How Would You Vote?

Well guys... ???

No need to make comment if it makes you uneasy, but would be interested to see the numbers!

It's Evolution Baby!

scootz

posted on 24/10/11 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
PS - By all means debate away from all corners of the UK & NI, but can we keep the poll-vote only open to Scots.

It's Evolution Baby!

Humbug

posted on 24/10/11 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
PS - By all means debate away from all corners of the "UK & NI", but can we keep the poll-vote only open to Scots.

So NI is not part of the UK then?

[Edited on 24.10.2011 by Humbug]

scootz

posted on 24/10/11 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry GB & NI... where's the red-faced smiley when I need one!

It's Evolution Baby!

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 24/10/11 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
It should be open to REAL Scots to choose only, but you will get the non-birth-Scots (other nationals who live there) and as such feel just because its where they choose to reside that they too should get a say in things.

Having seen such a scenario first hand from a very indignant Non-Scot who attempted to "advise" on how we should be running things who was no to pleased to be told by another Scot to "shut it" !!!

Personally build the Wall nice and high, have immigration laws that would shame the Australians !!!! put meters on the oil lines going south and charge 30 odd year back tax..

And yes many (mainly the English) will say what happened in the past, should be past, (and to a point i agree) BUT in reality history proves the English raped and pillaged its way across the world and the Celts have long memories and VERY good history teachers !!!!

Im just going to grab my shovel and dig a fox hole !!!!

Tongue in cheek

FREEDOM !!!!!!!

[Edited on 24/10/2011 by Hector.Brocklebank]

Some people can never handle the truth and always try to shoot the messenger instead of taking an honest look in the mirror (its always easier to blame another than to face reality), but secretly they wish they could grow a pair and be the messenger !!!

Daddylonglegs

posted on 24/10/11 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
When I saw the title I was thinking it was a vote to see if people would use a Scottish-only LCB forum! Doh!

I was all geared up to say that it would be a shame to lose all that quick-witted banter we get from our NOTB buddies

Oh, and as far as the vote goes, does it really matter? The governments will always do what they decide anyhow, look at the EU thing in the press at the moment ......

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

SeaBass

posted on 24/10/11 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
lol. Hector is such a voracious Scot he f'ed off to Thailand!

I'm not a Scot by birth but do live in Scotland (just!) by absolute choice. I feel I should have a voice in what happens... but I'm no evangelist.

[Edited on 24/10/11 by SeaBass]

scootz

posted on 24/10/11 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
... and open to Scots residents!

Basically, if you're permitted a vote on the referendum, then please vote on the poll!

It's Evolution Baby!

jabbahutt

posted on 24/10/11 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
So would I be correct that the situation the Scots find themselves in now is directly tied to the Darien scheme of 1693 where the Scots desperate to mirror the English colonies success and wealth from trade overseas nearly bankrupted the country which was a major factor in the treaty of union on 1707?

If the Scots want complete independance they should be allowed to have it along with the Welsh but only if they are completely self financing. After all at the moment it's only England where you pay for perscriptions & University education as two examples.

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 24/10/11 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SeaBass
lol. Hector is such a voracious Scot he f'ed off to Thailand!

I'm not a Scot by birth but do live in Scotland (just!) by absolute choice. I feel I should have a voice in what happens... but I'm no evangelist.

[Edited on 24/10/11 by SeaBass]

I got fed up being ruled by the "auld enemy" (but in reality those who know me, know why i left the country)

As for the second point.... I rest my case

The decision of who should decide upon Scotland's future should be made by Scots only, not "incomers" as your called

But we are all on this rock together and cant really help where we are born .

Some people can never handle the truth and always try to shoot the messenger instead of taking an honest look in the mirror (its always easier to blame another than to face reality), but secretly they wish they could grow a pair and be the messenger !!!

SeaBass

posted on 24/10/11 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
I have to say it's not an attitude that's new to me - try moving to a tiny village in the Borders and not being labelled and incomer. People are very surprised when you, an incomer, want to make a positive contribution to the local community.

It's going to be very interesting to see how it develops.

big-vee-twin

posted on 24/10/11 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
Personally the vote should be the other way round.

Ask the English if we want Scoltand as part of the UK.

If Scotalnd was independant who do you think would have bailed out the RBS!!

Scotland would be at the Euro table with a begging bowl just like Greece.

Anyway we have found oil in the Faklands now so we dont need Scottish oil any more!!

Long live the Union

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

Daddylonglegs

posted on 24/10/11 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
This could warrant a BIG bag of popcorn......

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

Chippy

posted on 24/10/11 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
Fine, have independance should you feel thats the way to go, the only request that I would make is to take all the scots currently in the Parliament back with you, (and Oh! boy there are loads). Just my two penath, :-) Cheers Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

Simon

posted on 24/10/11 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
An interesting aside in the debate is the 49 labour Westminster MPs, who would be chucked out of the HoP, making the Tories no longer need the Agnostics, sorry LibDems for a majority

Cheers

ATB

Simon

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 24/10/11 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big-vee-twin
Personally the vote should be the other way round.

Ask the English if we want Scoltand as part of the UK.

If Scotalnd was independant who do you think would have bailed out the RBS!!

Scotland would be at the Euro table with a begging bowl just like Greece.

Anyway we have found oil in the Faklands now so we dont need Scottish oil any more!!

Long live the Union

PLEASE PLEASE let the English decide to throw Scotland out of the union the sooner the better.

RBS has not been ruled 100% by Scots for a long time... If it had been it wouldn't have allowed its (miss) management to buy "toxic" AMERICAN debts...

And to be correct it was American owned companies who initially found oil in the Falklands in the mid to late 90's it was found but decided at the time due to the depth of water it was laying in that technology precluded its economic recovery.. but now the continual thirst for oil need to be slaked and its time to go back and dig about with new technology.

How do I know this ? well I spent 6 month freezing my nuts off there in 1997/98 with sheep getting prettier by the day !!!! with Western Atlas (now Barker-Atlas) running wireline logging services, and you can be sure the yanks made pretty sure the rights for that were pretty well stitched into their back pockets for a rainy day...... long long ago.

So at least do a bit of homework first before you begin..... (starting with how you spell Scotland)

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 24/10/11 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chippy
Fine, have independance should you feel thats the way to go, the only request that I would make is to take all the scots currently in the Parliament back with you, (and Oh! boy there are loads). Just my two penath, :-) Cheers Ray

Didnt you know that Gordon Brown (and all Scots MP's in England) are TRUE Scottish Patriots they attempt(ed) to Destroy "The Auld Enemy" in the best way possible, from within !!!!

craig1410

posted on 24/10/11 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
I voted to forget the whole thing and go back to Westminster. I just think the Scottish government is a big waste of money in its current guise and the parliament building is a joke! I say this as a proud and patriotic Scot but I can't feel proud of the Scottish parliament I'm afraid.

Betting our future on oil is a short term strategy at best although renewables might be a stronger long term case, especially tidal power and wave power. On the whole I don't think independence would work as we Scots have a proud history of bickering amongst ourselves.

Also, as a conservative voter with strong beliefs in working for a living and being allowed and encouraged to accumulate wealth based on hard work and job/enterprise creation, that pretty much rules out wanting to be governed by the usual suspects in Scotland. That said, Salmond doesn't seem a bad guy and has exceeded my expectations but I think at the moment, in order to compete with the likes of Germany and France in Europe, we need to keep the union together. I say that as a euro-sceptic but unfortunately the last government gave away so much power to Europe that we need to go along with it for a while until things settle down.

blakep82

posted on 24/10/11 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by craig1410
I voted to forget the whole thing and go back to Westminster. I just think the Scottish government is a big waste of money in its current guise and the parliament building is a joke! I say this as a proud and patriotic Scot but I can't feel proud of the Scottish parliament I'm afraid.

Betting our future on oil is a short term strategy at best although renewables might be a stronger long term case, especially tidal power and wave power. On the whole I don't think independence would work as we Scots have a proud history of bickering amongst ourselves.

Also, as a conservative voter with strong beliefs in working for a living and being allowed and encouraged to accumulate wealth based on hard work and job/enterprise creation, that pretty much rules out wanting to be governed by the usual suspects in Scotland. That said, Salmond doesn't seem a bad guy and has exceeded my expectations but I think at the moment, in order to compete with the likes of Germany and France in Europe, we need to keep the union together. I say that as a euro-sceptic but unfortunately the last government gave away so much power to Europe that we need to go along with it for a while until things settle down.

i agree, don't know why we can't be as patriotic as the americans with their united states.
personally, I think alex salmond is hell bent on independance that he hasn't actually worked out what to do if he gets it. so far i think he's making a lot of promises he can't sustain.
as for RBS, during my 'sentence' there, i learned that RBS is actually registered as an English bank, therefore if independance happens, scotland loses that too i think. there's no industry here any more, oil, yeah, but aren't all the oil companies registered in england too? whats he going to do about a currency? military/defence? setting up all this can't be done with the tax freezes, no uni fees, and a population of only 5 million or so.
i think he's got a pretty blinkered view on it all, but his promises are winning voters over, be interesting to know now what wil happen if it goes ahead.

and the way he behaved when he insulted that other politician and then refused to appologise for it when confronted by all the other parties, he was very childih about it. seems he will only disagree with anything and everything westmisnter decide.
doesn't matter what it is, he always goes the other way.
what happens to labour, tory, lib dem and all the rest if independance goes through? are we then stuck with only SNP? where's the democracy?
i don't trust him in the slightest.

thing is, mum and dad from essex, moved up here before about 2 months before i was born, i was born in greenock, but got a essex accent, what does that make me?

and lets not even start on how well the whole tram project is going, and what a great decision by the scottish government(s) was... can't remember which one started it though?

[Edited on 24/10/11 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mad4x4

posted on 24/10/11 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Independance - won't work, were too small with too much oil and no Army - Prime target for invasion.... bit like Kuwait.

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

scootz

posted on 24/10/11 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad4x4
Independance - won't work, were too small with too much oil and no Army - Prime target for invasion.... bit like Kuwait.

It's Evolution Baby!

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 24/10/11 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad4x4

Ah but like Kuwait we still hae a wee bit o oil left laddie, so the yanks might just come to make sure it keeps flowing their way too

plentywahalla

posted on 24/10/11 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
So you get your independence and then the oil runs out. Are you going to ask to be bailed out again just like in 1707 and let back in?
It's all a nonsense because ultimately small countries cannot prosper in a world which is coalescing into large trading blocks, which is why being part of Europe is essential to the UK's property.

I am proud of being a mongrel, one quarter Welsh, one quarter English, two quarters Irish! So I certainly don't qualify to vote in your poll. But if you go back in history we are all mongrels. The true celts that you will only allow to vote in your poll, started in Central Europe and migrated to Britain only to be pushed into Ireland and Scotland by the Romans. Then the 'English' who you accuse of raping and pillaging Scotland were mainly of Norman (French) descent and later
Dutch.

At what point in history do you decide that was the correct demography to return to? Why can't we forget all this nationalist nonsense and all prosper together!

scootz

posted on 24/10/11 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by plentywahalla
The true celts that you will only allow to vote in your poll...

???

It's Evolution Baby!

Ninehigh

posted on 24/10/11 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Whichever way it goes go that way, from what I understand there's a nice middle ground where the Scots have a say in what happens in England, but the English have no say on Scottish goings-on

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.