Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Diff Seals
bassett

posted on 31/10/11 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Diff Seals

Hi, I have one slight leak from the joint between the diff and passenger driveshaft. Are diff seals easy to replace on push in shafts and where is the best place to get them from?
Cheers
Adam

jabbahutt

posted on 1/11/11 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
Easy enough when I did mine though the diff was on the bench at the time. Just followed the Haynes and took my time. I got the seals from my local Ford dealer.

Drive shaft oil seal 6107894 £5.20 (Qty 2)

hope that is of help, please check thatr the numbers are for the same type of diff as you have.

bassett

posted on 1/11/11 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Great thanks, without a manual is it just driveshafts out and then bash the old seal out and new one in or do i need a more delicate procedure.
Thanks again
Adam

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

jabbahutt

posted on 1/11/11 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
If memory serves me right, you first remove the castellated retaining ring from the diff, then pry out the old seals. Carefully knock the new ones in making sure the rubber seal is greased first (moly grease I believe) then refit the castellated ring and replace the shaft.

Please double check this as it's been over 7 years since I did mine and don't forget to check the part number is the correct one as I think from experience there are two different diamter drive shafts for push in types (guess how I know that!!)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.