Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: whats the future of home builds ?
gazza1591

posted on 1/11/11 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
whats the future of home builds ?

as above really do you think are government will ever put a stop to home kit car builds in the near future like in some other country's ?

im looking to start a build very soon and dont want to get half way and have o stop and just have a pile of parts in the garage ?
i have heard there will be some changes to the basic MOT next year does anyone know of any changes due to happen in the IVA test ?

cheers

MakeEverything

posted on 1/11/11 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
While were at it, anyone know the lottery numbers for Fridays draw?

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

T66

posted on 1/11/11 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
Just get building , by the time they get round to something to change/alter/amend/prevent/help the homebuilder, there will be a different government in place.

They dont know whether they are coming or going, and make it all up as they go along.

Just crack on with whatever you fancy.

T66

posted on 1/11/11 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
While were at it, anyone know the lottery numbers for Fridays draw?

Ive u2 you the numbers, say nowt....

gazza1591

posted on 1/11/11 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by T66
Just get building , by the time they get round to something to change/alter/amend/prevent/help the homebuilder, there will be a different government in place.

They dont know whether they are coming or going, and make it all up as they go along.

Thats what i was thinking but being new to the scene was just wondering if there was any plans in the near future that i was not aware of sorry if it was silly question ?

MautoK

posted on 1/11/11 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
You can always buy mine!
John.

He's whittling on a piece of wood. I got a feeling that when he stops whittling, something's gonna happen. (OUATITW/Cheyenne)

Daddylonglegs

posted on 1/11/11 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
I think it must be something to do with the weather and dark nights, but this subject seems to raise it's head quite a lot lately. All we can do is get on with it, I for one have spent too long to drop everything and admit defeat. There were loads of part-builts for sale from May 2009 when the SVA became the IVA along with a small 137% increase in the cost!! But there were many more that carried on.

Keep the dream alive and stay positive

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

T66

posted on 1/11/11 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gazza1591
quote:
Originally posted by T66

Thats what i was thinking but being new to the scene was just wondering if there was any plans in the near future that i was not aware of sorry if it was silly question ?

My car has been a while in the planning, and is eventually home tommorrow.

If I were to do this all again, I would buy one of the many cars now for sale with an IVA, and have fun tinkering and tweeking it, and putting your own mark on it.

There are plenty about...

Good luck

plentywahalla

posted on 1/11/11 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
I would just get on with it ... I think this government has bigger things to worry about !
ashg

posted on 1/11/11 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
in these times the government need to encourage manufacturing i hardly think they would go down the road of shutting down a whole industry. the kit car industry believe it or not is worth millions in taxes, look at places like cbs, rally design, caterham, westfield, not to mention all the manufactures that make turn key sports cars (not technically kitcars but are seen by the government as the same thing)

there have been positive moves from what i can see. if they were thinking about banning it then why would they invest the time and money in setting up the reworked iva system. and although slow they are also working to smooth out the process between iva and registration.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Ninehigh

posted on 2/11/11 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by plentywahalla
I would just get on with it ... I think this government has bigger things to worry about !

You'd think...

steve m

posted on 2/11/11 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
When i started builing mine, in 97, it was pretty well doom and gloom over the SVA coming in
as it was going to kill the kit buisness's

if anything i think it has made the reputable suppliers much better, and probably got rid of some of the death traps on our roads

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.