Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec Blacktop 2.0 Piston Rings
speedstar

posted on 8/11/11 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec Blacktop 2.0 Piston Rings

Having a real saga with piston rings at the moment, and its stopping progress.

The engine is a 2.0 zetec blacktop out of a mondeo (unsure of year - possibly 1998)

Bought a set of piston rings from burton power, and was informed when we bought them that there were TWO different sizes (thicknesses). Turns out the ones we bought were the wrong ones, but burton say the other ones are nearly impossible to get hold of.

It seems strange that ford would have 2 different piston ring sets for the same engine.

Options seem to be:

1) continue looking for the rings, and likely pay a premium

2) source the OTHER pistons in the hope they are compatible in all other ways, and use new rings on them.

Thoughts/opinions/expereinces?

focijohn

posted on 8/11/11 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
when i rebuilt my engine (96-97 silvertop) I poped in to the local engine reconditioners and as you stated a couple of choices. Took the piston down they measured them...job done. I still have the old rings in my shed with the pack that the new ones came in i think, would you like me to have a look at the numbers on there tomorrow? Long shot but might work.

Anyone going slower than you is an idiot. Anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
Too many targets but too few bullets.

snakebelly

posted on 8/11/11 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Try these guys, local to me and from my experience with them there is very little they can't source
http://www.fwthornton.co.uk/

And they will do mail order if you ask

HTH

speedstar

posted on 9/11/11 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by focijohn
when i rebuilt my engine (96-97 silvertop) I poped in to the local engine reconditioners and as you stated a couple of choices. Took the piston down they measured them...job done. I still have the old rings in my shed with the pack that the new ones came in i think, would you like me to have a look at the numbers on there tomorrow? Long shot but might work.

A part number would be awesome!! Thanks!

And I'll take a look at FW Thornton now

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.