Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: speed trap detectors
corrado vr6

posted on 20/11/11 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
speed trap detectors

Hi again, after acumulating 9 points this year form speeding!! im now needing to do something besides slow down so thinking of getting a speed trap dectector for those instances when you stupidly forget or just arent aware of just how fast your going i know you should be but we've all done it. So has any one got any recomendations on a particular one i understand you have to pay a subscription for some for updates which not to worried about just dont want to waste my money Thanks in advance Greg

http://r1indy7.wordpress.com/

loggyboy

posted on 20/11/11 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Just pick up a road angel.
I had a standard detector a few years ago which was handy and saved me a few times, but the GPS based ones that are around nowadays are pretty spot on when it comes to gadetry.

karlak

posted on 20/11/11 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Selling my Road Angel Professional connected if you are interested.

Has Live updates and has not missed a camera site yet. Only selling as I have bought another RoadAngel model.

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

DanG

posted on 20/11/11 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
I would strongly recommend the Pogo Alert +.

Not as well known as the Road Angel but far slicker.

sky12042

posted on 20/11/11 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
I brought a garmin satnav which has camera alerts, beeps if you are going over the speed limit in a camera zone, plus you get the satnav features as well.

Saved me a few times now, recommended.

Andy

David Jenkins

posted on 20/11/11 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Speed trap detectors are supposed to be legal, but may soon be illegal. They may earn you even more penalty points, plus a fine, if they catch you with one in the future (maybe not yet though). If you ever drive in France, just having it in the car will get you into serious trouble.

If you have a suitable satnav, downloading the database from PocketGPSWorld will get you voice alerts as you approach either a fixed camera, known mobile camera sites and red light cameras. Costs £14.50 a year, with weekly updates, and you can put it on up to 3 devices.

I have it on my Toyota built-in satnav, my old Garmin, and I also have the Android App on my HTC Desire (that costs extra).

[Edited on 20/11/11 by David Jenkins]

MakeEverything

posted on 20/11/11 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
Road angel an the sat nav databases sell themselves well as being accident blackspot indicators, hence an additional safety aid for the driver. It just so happens, that the DFT specify that speed cameras will only be placed in accident black spots. Its pure coincidence....

Im not sure they will ever be outlawed in this country IMO, but i remove it from the car totally when abroad.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

kevmcdo

posted on 20/11/11 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
I have a snooper laser detector that is very very good when it comes to road side traps, snooper s7000 sat nav picks everything else up.
jossey

posted on 21/11/11 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
road angel and slow the **** down.

i know its not easy to keep to the speed limit but on 9 points it maybe a good time to keep ye speed down.

you only need to keep to the speed limit for 3 more years and you will be on zero points.

Get a NEW tom tom with speed cameras and the road angel plus it you really want to get away from the laser get the jammer but you can only use it once to stop the radar as ive seen the police come tow the car away for examination.

Its the same design as a garage door openner so maybe keep that in the list of excuses that you used to have a auto garage.....

good luck mate. luckily i live in an area where speed cameras dont hang around when im normally travelling.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ninehigh

posted on 21/11/11 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kevmcdo
I have a snooper laser detector that is very very good when it comes to road side traps, snooper s7000 sat nav picks everything else up.

May I ask where you got it from? The gps devices wouldn't have picked up the one I got caught on because officially it's not there...

A1

posted on 21/11/11 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
er...you could try speeding up... like to 180+ mph. then youll not get caught. or the plates could 'fall' off your car... i say that in jest

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.