Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: On the Road!!
Coopz

posted on 12/12/11 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
On the Road!!

On the road, got my reg today.... Just in time for the lovely cold rainy wintery weather!

Few things to sort out before I take her out though!!

I must say DVLA Wimbledon were excellent, I popped in to see them last week she wrote a list of what she needed and said pop back for an inspection today and she will sort out paperwork while we wait.... In and out in an hour! She even suggested I leave the car with them whilst I popped down to halfords to get my plates made up so I could drive home! (I thought it would be best to trailer home though)

Looking forward to the weekend

jacko

posted on 12/12/11 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations drive carefully on the slippery roads
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon

posted on 12/12/11 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Yep, well done that man

Do enjoy yourself but, take note of what Jacko says though!

ATB

Simon

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 12/12/11 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Well done that man!

I second the take it easy line... I was out last Friday and the roads were slippy as fcuk!!

Daddylonglegs

posted on 12/12/11 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats! Well done that man

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

eddie99

posted on 12/12/11 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah i was out today and very slippery but good fun
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
adithorp

posted on 12/12/11 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
Result! DVLA offices aren't always as bad as you could come to think from some threads.

Take it easy out there.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

wilkingj

posted on 13/12/11 at 12:26 AM Reply With Quote
Well Done.

As above... Drive carefully, even when its dry. You need to learn the foibles of your car, and how it handles etc etc.
They are not very forgiving when they decide to give up the grip on the road.

Having got it on the road, you dont want a winter rebuild project.

Just take it very very easy, and watch out for the damp patches of road where the sun hasn't dried it out etc. In fact treat it all as slipery.

It doesnt have to be the road at fault, it could be a lose bolt that you missed, or a faulty component. Treat the first few weeks or months as a running in period before giving it any stick. I know its tempting, but just take care.

So take note, and take care. Its not a good time of year for powerful lightweight rear wheel drive cars. We have seen it too many times on here before.

Other than the above.... Excellent work, look forward to seeing it at one of the shows next year.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RK

posted on 13/12/11 at 02:37 AM Reply With Quote
Wot 'e said. I am quite nervous in mine, which has way too much power for the conditions right now here (which admittedly are a bit colder than chez vous). Congrats!
Coopz

posted on 13/12/11 at 04:13 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers guys! Will definitely take it easy out there, although driving to iva multiple times and mot my first real experience driving a bec! Need to get the thermals out I think
jabbahutt

posted on 13/12/11 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
congratulations, enjoy the experience of having a smile that just won't go away on the first drive

myke pocock

posted on 13/12/11 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
And it doesnt have to be that powerful to catch you out. 1300cc of crossflow power, damp road, uphill 60 degree bend, not that fast, spun 90, whacked the right hand bank then spun 180 and ended up with the rear wheels in a ditch. Damaged wheel and cracked nose cone for my pains. Take care!!!
James

posted on 13/12/11 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coopz

I must say DVLA Wimbledon were excellent, I popped in to see them last week she wrote a list of what she needed and said pop back for an inspection today and she will sort out paperwork while we wait.... In and out in an hour! She even suggested I leave the car with them whilst I popped down to halfords to get my plates made up so I could drive home! (I thought it would be best to trailer home though)

Looking forward to the weekend

I too had an excellent service from DVLA Wimbledon when I registered back in 2006.

Was it Harsha that you dealt with? She was really good, knew the system, was quick, efficient and really helpful.

Congratulations!

Take care!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.