Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS: 1998 Peugeot 406 1.9TD Estate
a4gom

posted on 5/1/12 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote
FS: 1998 Peugeot 406 1.9TD Estate

Just testing the water really; my ever faithful pug tow car is sat at the bottom of my parents drive with a broken cam as a result of either cam belt or tensioner failure

It happened just before christmas and I fully intended fixing it as it has been a fantastic car, it's never let me down (until now). It's about 5k into a new clutch, a couple of hundred miles into new front pads, I got a warning for trackrod ends at the last MOT and they were both changed. Previous MOT it needed nothing. I can't think of anything it would need for the next MOT which would be due in either May or June.
I bought a replacement engine from a breakers out of a 1999 model, "ONLY COVERED 72K GREAT WORKING ORDER NO LEAKS" it's complete, ready to drop in and connect up, inc ecu, gearbox etc

Anyway I've bought a new toy, Renault Trafic van so it's no longer required.

As a runner I'd probably get around £800 for it plus I'd have a good couple of hundred in the old engine, box, fuel pump, ECU and ancillaries on ebay but TBH I'm really short of time. I've a boat load of stuff to do to the westfield to get it ready for the new season inc putting my engine back in after it's second dropped valve last season , I'm busy with family commitments for the next three weekends and can't see me getting to it before late feb. Plus with the new wheels the pressure has somewhat been lifted.

I'll get round to it so I'm not going to give it away but if anyone fancies a £500 project it's all yours, I've got a van and a trailer so I'm sure we could work something out delivery wise as long as you are not too far away.

Car is standard, metallic dark green. I think it's done 135k so it's not concourse but it's respectable, there are a few scuffs on the bumpers etc but no rust. It has a nokia hands free kit fitted, roof rack, continental winter tyres and has had the cat removed (always passed the test without it). It tows and handles spot on.

Docs are with DVLA getting reg transferred to van at the mo but will hopefully be back in the next few days.

If anyone is interested, wants more info, pics etc just give me a shout.
Car is in Oakworth, BD22.

Cheers
Andy

Andy

Perfect planning prevents pi$$ poor performance!

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

owelly

posted on 6/1/12 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not usually one to comment on such matters but having just bought a 1999 406 Estate Diesel for a mate with a suspected head gasket failure for £120 (the car has suspect HGF, not my mate), you may still have the car to fix when you have more time! The one I bought was in almost excellent condition, recent tyres and a newly rebuilt rear beam and with 9 months MOT. So far he's covered 300 miles and just keeps topping the water up every morning. We've not even looked to see if there's a simple leak and it doesn't overheat.
Good luck all the same.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
a4gom

posted on 7/1/12 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Compared to that you are probably right, £800 might be a bit high but I know of two similar vehicles which have sold for close to that recently in our area. I'd be open to reasonable offers but know I could get more selling the more valuable parts on ebay and weighing in the shell which I may do depending how my weekends pan out.

Andy

Perfect planning prevents pi$$ poor performance!

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 7/1/12 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
I have a Transit 1999 LWB MK5, unfortunately the MoT has just run out, but it's a good reliable vehicle - it's never let me down.
I can see that it'll need a bit of welding on the arches, a few patches on the chassis, but otherwise it should sail through the MoT. I just don't have time to fix it.

Absolute steal for £11,000. No silly offers or timewasters, if I don't get any takers, I'll get around to welding it up myself one day.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.