Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Germantown MD USA, anyone local?
LoMoss

posted on 7/1/12 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
Germantown MD USA, anyone local?

Hi

Rather than register with Locost USA, thought I would check here first.

I have 1 week left in Germantown, the G/F starts work here next week. I am home alone in the appartment does anyone know someone out here? Just looking to see some cars out here. The weather has been in the 60s which has been fantastic.

Any other ideas of what to do would be great.

Thanks

Hall

Mr C

posted on 7/1/12 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
Visited a while ago as I've cousins in Chestnut Hill. You could try the local delicacy,if you haven't already, a cheese steak at Dalessandros, absolutely gorgeous if you're a meat lover. I don't know any car related attractions unfortunately, the extent of my visit was the inside of shopping malls.

Join and post on the exocars site, they are a helpful bunch and there is a largly american contingent on there with a few of us british exocar builders as well. exocars Enjoy your time there

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

Tralfaz

posted on 8/1/12 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
If the weather stays nice a trip down to Great Falls park might be nice. The walk along the falls is an easy one.

Of course lots to do in DC. Best to take the Metro (train). Looking at the map it looks like the Shady Grove station is not too far from Germantown

ATB

Brian

Annapolis MD

[Edited on 8/1/12 by Tralfaz]

RK

posted on 8/1/12 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
What, you don't find GM/Honda/Toyota/Ford SUV's suitable for vehicle watching? You won't find much of what you are used to in Europe/UK I'm afraid. The car culture is quite different over here in North America. Of course, there is the odd nutter, but we are very spread out. Check for hot rod gatherings. Lots of those in summer.
LoMoss

posted on 8/1/12 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys

Arrived before new year. Spent new year in Washington. Went to a new years ball. Free bar and food. It was so easy to spot the Brits! Went on the segway tour of Washington, which was excellent. Then went up to New York for a few days. Just didnt get it.

Managed to get out of a trip to the mall. Just kept driving to the Bay Bridge. Bloody massive. Then had lunch in Annapolis.

Gradually finding things to do.

Cheers

Moss

[Edited on 9/1/12 by LoMoss]

LoMoss

posted on 12/1/12 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

can anyone post this on locostusa?

Thanks

Hall
+447831679030

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.