Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: When to get suspension sorted properly?
daniel mason

posted on 23/1/12 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
When to get suspension sorted properly?

Would you guys recommend getting the suspension, ride heights etc sorted properly, eg procomp. Before iva or after? As I've read sometimes it's best to let it all settle in first. My only concern is I can only do a basic setup myself with the tools I have, so I will probably need to pay Mnr to set it up when they do my iva prep. And then pay procomp to remove and test dampers And do proper corner weights, ride heights,on final setup!
Could it go to procomp asap for setup,and would that setting self center ok at iva?

[Edited on 23/1/12 by daniel mason]

Davg

posted on 24/1/12 at 12:16 AM Reply With Quote
Def after IVA, so many on here get hung up about what things look like or handle like pre IVA! sod that! as everyone knows get it passed then sort it from there

sorted for IVA = 1 thing

sorted for handling /performance = another entirely.

just my opinion of course

from experience

cheers
D

------------------------------------------------------------------------

wylliezx9r

posted on 24/1/12 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davg
Def after IVA, so many on here get hung up about what things look like or handle like pre IVA! sod that! as everyone knows get it passed then sort it from there

sorted for IVA = 1 thing

sorted for handling /performance = another entirely.

just my opinion of course

from experience

cheers
D

+1

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

marc n

posted on 24/1/12 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
hi m8
after iva, no point doing corner weights till its seen a bit of use, but tracking ride height etc is same iva as it is in normal use, the only thing you will find is after approx 100 miles the ride heights will drop so will need resetting and thats the best time to do the corner weights, if you want dampers dyno testing again then there is a place 2 miles from us who will do them whilst you wait, top bloke and lots of proper high end motorsport customers / experience

cheers

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 24/1/12 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

As already mentioned above after IVA. When the dampers springs and suspension have all settled. Could really do with 200 ish miles on the clock really. The full setup Inc the dampers dynoed and setup springs tested Etc Etc is still £200. Will have to see what MNR have supplied damper wise as to whether they can be re valved to suit the application as per Paul's car where we have developed the damping to be correct.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
A1

posted on 24/1/12 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
after... just spend some time doing it so you dont get funky handling on the way to IVA. my car dropped 25mm on the trip to the test just as a very rough guide to take into account for light heights etc.
daniel mason

posted on 24/1/12 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
thanks everyone. will get it done after iva. cheers.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.