Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MOT Requirements for Q plale
rallyingden

posted on 8/2/12 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
MOT Requirements for Q plale

Thought I would share my expierence of this morning with you:-

Just had my V11 Tax remider through for my first re tax, on it it states "Appropriate MOT test Certificate" Hang on I thought Mr IVA said I would not need an MOT for 3 years.
So phoned DVLA and got through, eventually, to a nice guy who said YES as we know date of construction and date of first registration YOU DO NOT NEED MOT FOR THREE YEARS. He said what happens is computer see's Q plate and issues need for MOT.
He has told me to get a V112 ( Self declaration that no MOT required ) and go to local post office, they should be familiar with the regulation but if I have any problems to get them to phone DVLA direct help line.
So good result....... just going to download V112 and see haow we go on.

RD

BenB

posted on 8/2/12 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, it's usually straightforward. If the post office don't know what to do you can always send the forms (recorded delivery) to your local DVLA office and they'll sort it out. At least that's what I always did, I suspect my local post office don't often get invovled with Q plates...
john_p_b

posted on 8/2/12 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
i printed off a v112 form, signed it in the appropriate place, took it with my insurance etc to the post office and walked out with a new tax disc no drama. just a PITA you can't tax online for the 1st 3 years.

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

Ben_Copeland

posted on 8/2/12 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
People have had this issue for years. Same advice is always given. Exactly as you have found out.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

ashg

posted on 8/2/12 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
can tax mine online (age related plate) when you register it make sure the date on the first registration is not the date of the donor

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

PeteS2k

posted on 11/2/12 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by john_p_b
i printed off a v112 form, signed it in the appropriate place, took it with my insurance etc to the post office and walked out with a new tax disc no drama. just a PITA you can't tax online for the 1st 3 years.

Not sure where you got that information from? Taxed mine online last year after 12 months on the road. Q plate, reminder said MOT required just as the OP, however the online system confirmed all ok - disc in the post a few days later.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.