Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Spares or Repair Tow car.
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 26/2/12 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
Spares or Repair Tow car.

Bit of an odd one but somebody might want it before I send it to the great scrapyard in the sky.

1997 Audi A6 2.5 TDI (the 5 Cylinder version) Sport SE 140bhp 6 speed Estate.

This car was awesome and could tow the QE2 (if you could find a trailer big enough), in silver with all the options, a set of Orignal S6 17" wheels and a tow bar. It even has a couple of nearly new Michelin Pilot Cup Sport Tyres that are worth at least £150.

Problem is the camshaft suffered a catastrophic failure and broke into 4 peices. I was going to fit a new engine (£400 on ebay) but just haven't got the time.

Anyway if anyone is interested, its between Coventry and Derby and any offer more than scrap value will do. Obviously will need to be towed away.

U2U if interested.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
PSpirine

posted on 26/2/12 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
Keen and not too far away, but could you tell me the engine code so I could have a look for parts?

Cheers,
Pavel

rachaeljf

posted on 27/2/12 at 12:03 AM Reply With Quote
AEL

I would like to see it for spares, we have a C4 A6 like this as our tow car/work hack too. However if someone intends to get it on the road again that would be excellent. I reckon the 5 pot diesel is a great engine.

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 27/2/12 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Picture of the Car this morning:

The front is apart as I initially thought that the cambelt had snapped so I was working on replacing it.

The Camshaft has broke but apart from the inevitably bent valves there doesn't seem to be any other damage, could either fix this engine or replace.

Here is one on ebay:

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

I'm sure either and AAT or an AEL engine will drop straight in. One is 110bhp and one is 140/150bhp but I'm not sure which is which. I think though that the bhp difference was only created by the ancillaries so you could use the low powered engine but the ECU and Turbo in the car to get 140bhp.

I'm around tinkering at weekends and evenings I mainly just want to get it cleared and get a few beer tokens.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
PSpirine

posted on 28/2/12 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
Whereabouts in Coventry is it? I work for jag land rover so dropping by to have a look at it should be easy. When are you around? Feel free to pm details.

Cheers
Pavel

phil clegg

posted on 28/2/12 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
a6

give me a call about a6 if you still have it,07957617548 thanks phil
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 29/2/12 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry all, Sold to Oddjob as he was the first to U2U me

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.