Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: applying for iva
steve8274

posted on 10/3/12 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
applying for iva

hello all
not far off completion now so looking to apply for my iva
i have filled in my forms (iva and amatuer build up)
as well as filling this in, i believe you send some receipts and photos
how many are required and is there anything in particular which must be shown or just various stages of build
do you have to sign any of the photos or receipts? cant remember if i have read this somewhere.

lastly, does anyone know the max speed for a 1.8cvh for iva form. only bit of info i cant find in book
thanks
steve

deezee

posted on 10/3/12 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Your maximum speed needs to be under the speed rating of your tyres and a little realistic. So 120 mph would be OK. You going to Chadderton for the test? The receipts are just to prove you've bought stuff for the amateur build evidence and to demonstrate that some components are genunine fuel / brake fluid safe, if not otherwise marked. The guy there likes to see various stages of the build in photos, as to demonstrate you've made the car and also details he can't see during inspection. For me that included seatbelt mounting points that and hidden and photos of where I'd used loctite on important bolts, if they didn't have nylocs!

I sent through nearly everything I had with my application. It must have been an inch thick pile of paperwork. I didn't sign anything.

[Edited on 10/3/12 by deezee]

Gus

posted on 10/3/12 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, my car was IVA october 10.All I sent was 6 photo's of the build, and photo copies of the main reciepts [steel, shocks, donor, body work].Then took all my photo's and reciepts along on the day of the test . All he looked at was the V5 and the photo's of the bottom harness mounts.
steve8274

posted on 11/3/12 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
ok
thanks for the help. might just copy all receipts and send photo cd to be safe. take all originals with me on the day
deezee, yes i will be booking in for chadderton. did you do yours there? good experience

another query
when i send off paperwork, i need to send
IVA1
amateur build declaration (IVA4)

do i need to send built up vehicle inspection report (V627/1) or is this for dvla afterwards for registration

thank you
steve

BobM

posted on 12/3/12 at 06:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve8274
another query
when i send off paperwork, i need to send
IVA1
amateur build declaration (IVA4)

do i need to send built up vehicle inspection report (V627/1) or is this for dvla afterwards for registration

The V627/1 is for DVLA at registration time.

Not very Locost but very BEC

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.