Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dominator headlight wiring
nathanharris1987

posted on 23/3/12 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Dominator headlight wiring

Hello all, long time no post,

I think ive seen a few locosts with dominator headlights on so i thought i'd ask the question of how these badboys are wired.

Its actually for a motorbike so i have live and earth for both dipped and main from the bike.

Then this web of spaghetti i need to connect on to?

Any ideas!?

Sorry about picture size laddos!

Many thanks for any help.

Nath

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dhutch

posted on 23/3/12 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
Urrrm, well, the run a standard H4 bulb, which gives you ground/dipped/main and a standard side light, which gives you earth and sidelight.

If you currently have deicated earths for dipped and for main these can most likely be commoned and jointed to the common earth.

Do you have wires for sidelights too? dont know much about bikes, but as they are bike lights and have them, i presumably atleast some bikes have sidelights?

Daniel

russbost

posted on 23/3/12 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
This is standard info I have if queried:-

Headlamp Wiring

Inside the base of the headlamp you can see the sidelamp so it is easy to separate the yellow & white wires for the sidelamp wiring. It doesn’t matter which of these is used as positive & which as earth as the sidelamp unit is not earthed to any part of the headlamp.

The other 3 wires you now have are:-

Black with white tracer – Earth

White – Dip Beam

Yellow – Main Beam

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
snowy2

posted on 23/3/12 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
The wiring as given above seems right, and i use them on my car, but this is part of the C+U regs......

PART II Requirements relating to optional dipped-beam headlamps

1. In the case of a vehicle with three or more wheels having a maximum speed exceeding 25 mph first used on or after 1st April 1991, two and not more than two may be fitted and the only requirements prescribed by these Regulations in respect of any which are fitted are–(a)those specified in paragraphs 2(c), 4, 7, 10 and 12(a) of Part I,
(b)that they are designed for a vehicle which is intended to be driven on the right-hand side of the road,
(c)that they form a matched pair, and
(d)that their electrical connections are such that not more than one pair of dipped-beam headlamps is capable of being illuminated at a time.

here is a link to the law on this subject....

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/schedule/4/made

If your car is registered after 1/4/91

YOU CANNOT HAVE ALL 4 DIP BEAMS LIT AT THE SAME TIME.

sometimes you are the pigeon, most of the time the statue.

loggyboy

posted on 23/3/12 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snowy2
The wiring as given above seems right, and i use them on my car, but this is part of the C+U regs......

YOU CANNOT HAVE ALL 4 DIP BEAMS LIT AT THE SAME TIME.

Im guesing he plans on seperating the units and having one on each side. just a guess, as thats what I was thinking of doing as its alot cheaper to by the double unit than 2 singles.

Benzine

posted on 21/1/13 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Bump

I'm trying to wire up my dominator headlights at the moment. This thread was relevant to my interests but my wiring colours coming out of the headlights are different (I bought them about 4 years ago if that makes a difference?). They are White, Green, Blue, Brown, Black. No tracers, all solid colours. Can anyone advise on what's what?

Edit: found the answer

[Edited on 21-1-2013 by Benzine]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 22/1/13 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds as tho' you have the single dominators rather than the twins shown above, I can only answer for the wiring on the ones I sell, but yours sound the same:-

Black & brown are sidelamp wires, can be connected either way round as sidelamp is not earthed to headlamp. On headlamp wiring, Green is Earth, White is Dip, Blue is Main

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Benzine

posted on 22/1/13 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Sounds as tho' you have the single dominators rather than the twins shown above, I can only answer for the wiring on the ones I sell, but yours sound the same:-

Black & brown are sidelamp wires, can be connected either way round as sidelamp is not earthed to headlamp. On headlamp wiring, Green is Earth, White is Dip, Blue is Main

Yeah those are the ones, I bought them from you in 2008, I've only just got to the stage of wiring them up now I've got them working now bar the dipped beam, but i'm not getting power at the headlight end. It looks like it's a problem at the stalk (car has been sat unused for 5 years, including a year in a damp garage)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.