Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tyre Choices
greenwood03

posted on 26/3/12 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Tyre Choices

folks looking for opinion and thoughts on alternative boots.
I've run 888's but due to mileage/wear prefered the R1R as i can get a years motoring out of them, last year when i needed to refresh them they werent in stock and i tried the Yoko ADO8's, good but not quite as good in my view. Alas the R1R's are again out of stock ( at sensible prices ) so was looking around earlier for alternatives. One of the makes that popped up on google with a few good recommends was teh Federal 595rs-r. I dont know anyone that has tried these on a kit.....anyone on here got any direct experience with these or anything else similar?
ideally i'd like something like the R1R or something between that and a 888, i need to get some reasonable miles out of a set, and obviously looking for as much stickiness as i can get with that trade off.

the Federals work out around £80 a corner which seems reasonable, the R1r's as the big outlets are out of stock are about £20 a piece more.....

so thoughts / experiences?

http://southernkitcars.comIntermarque Club for owners in the South/South East

dhutch

posted on 26/3/12 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Size required?
greenwood03

posted on 26/3/12 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
ah schoolboy error.....
205/50/15

http://southernkitcars.comIntermarque Club for owners in the South/South East

Nickp

posted on 27/3/12 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
I was looking at the Federals too. I spoke to a guy who raced an MX5 and had used them. He reckoned that dry grip was nearly on par with R888's but they were so much better in the wet. Sounds like a good compromise for a road / track tyre. A mate's just got them for his Clio but I don't think he's used them in anger yet. Just remembered, I thought you could only get them in 195/50/15 tho? That's why I didn't go for them in the end.
contaminated

posted on 27/3/12 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nickp
I was looking at the Federals too. I spoke to a guy who raced an MX5 and had used them. He reckoned that dry grip was nearly on par with R888's but they were so much better in the wet. Sounds like a good compromise for a road / track tyre. A mate's just got them for his Clio but I don't think he's used them in anger yet. Just remembered, I thought you could only get them in 195/50/15 tho? That's why I didn't go for them in the end.

If these are the tyres I think they are they are very popular with the MX5 guys. Ade over on Southern Kitcars has them on his Tiger I believe and rates them highly.

Tiger Super Six Independent
www.southernkitcars.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.