Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec cams.
ahunt

posted on 27/3/12 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec cams.

Can anyone tell me what cams these are out of? ive tried identifying them on a certain website but im not to sure. These are out a 2ltr silvertop zetec that i brought but im not sure if its been messed around with as these cams dont match up to the pattern to the photos i found. One of the rings went on the engine which led me to believe that the engine has been messed around with but who knows.... thats the chance you take with second hand engines.

Taaaaa

Car 90% complete!!!

MikeRJ

posted on 27/3/12 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Top one appears to be a 1.8 130PS inlet cam. Bottom one I'm not sure though markings are similar to the 105PS 1.8 inlet. Does the bottom cam have the cam phase sensor "lump" on the right hand end like the top one?

BTW, I hope those bearing caps have all been marked up!

Someone else has found the same cams on this forum. Seems like they are probably standard 2.0L cams, Ford did tend to change things around a bit.

[Edited on 27/3/12 by MikeRJ]

ahunt

posted on 27/3/12 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Don't worry there all marked up . Nope the exhaust cam doesn't have the cam senser lump on it. It did run well with these cams in intill it broke...
So I guess someone just boshed these cam in to get rid of it. Just weird how it ran well...

Car 90% complete!!!

coozer

posted on 27/3/12 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Top one looks like 1.8 130ps but the bottom one isn't familiar...

Heres some pics that may help..

I have got a sheet I haven't used for ages but its in some weird format that I cant open anymore for some reason...

hope that helps,
Steve

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

ahunt

posted on 27/3/12 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
That's the diagram I was looking at before I posted this and couldn't work out the exhaust cam either. I've measured them with a vernear
Against some 1800 cam and the reading is the same on both sets, is it the dwell time that makes the different?

Car 90% complete!!!

clanger

posted on 28/3/12 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
see if this helps??

acquired from the production engineers when I was working as a maintenance tech on the very cam lines for the blue Oval at the time.................

few years ago, so exact details are a little blurred along with the image, let me know if you want a larger image emailed

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.