Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK GT1 body molds and the rights FOR SALE
maffa

posted on 3/4/12 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
MK GT1 body molds and the rights FOR SALE

Hi, I have a full set of body molds for the MK GT1, my dad bought these and the rights off Martin Keenan AKA Mk Engineering with the intention of molding the body panels and selling them but due to other commitments they are now up for sale, we are open to offers? I would also appreciate any help in pointing us in the right direction in selling these as we cannot find a specific website for the MK GT1.. thanks guys

If I remember right we also some body panels made up/molded so might be willing to sell them also

£7000 ono or willing to swap or P/X a kit car, westfield etc etc

You can call us on 01723 639079 and ask for james, thanks again

The molds are still in storage and we need to get them out to take pics or for viewing serious buyers only plz

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

ReMan

posted on 3/4/12 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Were these not sold to Spire?
http://www.spiresportscars.co.uk/the-car.html

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

PAUL FISHER

posted on 3/4/12 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
Were these not sold to Spire?
http://www.spiresportscars.co.uk/the-car.html

No, Martin just sold the rights to the GTR to Spire, he had already sold the GT1 moulds and rights a couple of years before that.

And in Answer to James question "is there specific website for the MK GT1", no there is not one, the nearest of interest would be the MK owners club, although there are only a handfull of GT1's in the uk, so don't expect much interest over there

marc n

posted on 4/4/12 at 12:21 AM Reply With Quote
great shape :-) pretty looking car better than the later ones ! im afraid to say you are going to catch a cold with the money invested :-(
good luck with the sale though ebay may be a good option ???

cheers marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mad-butcher

posted on 4/4/12 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
As said, great looking car,IIRC my lad went out in it at donnington with mr ison at the wheel, could be tempted into a set of body panels if the price was right, I think 7k is a bit optomistic as there was a set of lemans style moulds for sale on ebay which was nice looking and last time I looked they were only 2.5k
good luck with sale anyway

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
40inches

posted on 4/4/12 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
You didn't manage to sell them last year? LINK

eddie99

posted on 4/4/12 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
As above, the le mans style body went for just under 3k and there is another ADR body moulds floating around for less than that. So think although moulds are worth alot, i will be very surprised if you get anywhere near that.

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
maffa

posted on 4/4/12 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
As above, the le mans style body went for just under 3k and there is another ADR body moulds floating around for less than that. So think although moulds are worth alot, i will be very surprised if you get anywhere near that.

We had lots of people wanting to come and look at the molds but we was to busy to mess about getting them out of storage, hence why up for sale again..

As said up for offers or will be listed on ebay pretty soon

[Edited on 4/4/12 by maffa]

designer

posted on 6/4/12 at 12:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

my dad bought these and the rights

quote:

Martin just sold the rights to the GTR to Spire

I am interested, but are you saying that two people own the 'rights' to what is basicly the same car?

ASH3

posted on 6/4/12 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
Still say donate them to the Owners Club
( where they would be luved cherrished and looked after )

gavin174

posted on 6/4/12 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ASH3
Still say donate them to the Owners Club
( where they would be luved cherrished and looked after )

sounds like a good idea.....

so you going to buy them and donate them then!!!

http://www.essexkitcarclub.com

40inches

posted on 6/4/12 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
quote:

quote:

I am interested, but are you saying that two people own the 'rights' to what is basicly the same car?

The GT1 and GTR are two different cars, if you google images there are subtle differences, I prefer the GT1.

maffa

posted on 6/4/12 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
quote:

quote:

No the GT1 and the GTR are 2 different cars martin sold the right for the GT1 body to my dad with the molds, my dad is the only person with the rights for the GT1 body.. martin sold the rights for the GTR body to spire

[Edited on 6/4/12 by maffa]

ASH3

posted on 6/4/12 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
They are an item that the club need to keep
a track on to whom else are they of use sure we
Could come to an arrangement to pay royalties
for any mould taken.

maffa

posted on 6/4/12 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ASH3
They are an item that the club need to keep
a track on to whom else are they of use sure we
Could come to an arrangement to pay royalties
for any mould taken.

Your more than welcome to buy them and donate them to the club yourself times are hard at the min I`m sure people will agree. We need all the money we can get with a growing family to support

D Beddows

posted on 6/4/12 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Is there some reason I've missed as to why this guy is getting such a hard time? The GT1 is waaay better looking than the Spire turned out to be, it's not a good time to sell admittedly but suggesting he pretty much gives it away........ cmon!!!
austin man

posted on 6/4/12 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maffa
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99

We had lots of people wanting to come and look at the molds but we was to busy to mess about getting them out of storage, hence why up for sale again..

As said up for offers or will be listed on ebay pretty soon

[Edited on 4/4/12 by maffa]

People wanting to come amd look for 7.5 k and you where too busy, I wish i had someone wanting to look at something I didnt want for 7.5 K. I think you missed the boat last time and for such will feel the economic pinch this time

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

DRC INDY 7

posted on 7/4/12 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
I was just thinking that my self austin man too busy (carnt be arsed) to show people something that you are wanting 7 to 7.5K for

Maybe the moulds are not in the good a condition ????

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

maffa

posted on 7/4/12 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
tell me where I said I was offered 7k? I said people wanted to come and have a look at the molds not pay 7k!

You keyboard warriors make me laugh have you not got anything better to do, av got no time for cranks like your selfs. DRC INDY 7 / Austin Man

DRC INDY 7

posted on 7/4/12 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Shut the door on the way out then if you dont like it but the fact remains you could not be arsed and messed people about last time

[Edited on 4/7/2012 by DRC INDY 7]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

40inches

posted on 7/4/12 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maffa
tell me where I said I was offered 7k? I said people wanted to come and have a look at the molds not pay 7k!

You keyboard warriors make me laugh have you not got anything better to do, av got no time for cranks like your selfs. DRC INDY 7 / Austin Man

I think the point being made, is that regardless of price, be it £200 or £7000, I would want to look at the goods first, so I could make my mind up whether or not to buy them.
I don't think that you are being attacked by armchair warriors, rather being given a possible reason/advise as to why you didn't get a sale first time round. No reason to be abusive.

maffa

posted on 7/4/12 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
look im not here to waste any ones time, fair enough last time was a bad time to try and sell as we had other commitments, my bad.

anyone interested In the molds can contact me to arrange a viewing jamespelucci@yahoo.co.uk

Neville Jones

posted on 9/4/12 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
Is there some reason I've missed as to why this guy is getting such a hard time? The GT1 is waaay better looking than the Spire turned out to be, it's not a good time to sell admittedly but suggesting he pretty much gives it away........ cmon!!!

I understand that thinking well and truly.

Most owners clubs think they have a god given right to ownership of moulds, jigs and designs once the original builder stops production.

Been there and done that, then sold the moulds ten years later for their real worth and much more than build cost.

Maffa, your english is not quite the Queens, but if you can't sell these moulds, and the storage isn't an issue, hold onto them. There's always a chancer wanting a bargain. And there's too many of these faux LMP kits about anyway, and more being made almost by the month.

You should be contracting out the laminating, and selling the bodies and getting a return on your investment, and then the moulds would not be stored at your expense either.

Nev.

scootz

posted on 9/4/12 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
... agreed!

It's Evolution Baby!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.