Author: Subject: Pirates Bad Day
T66

posted on 7/4/12 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Pirates Bad Day

Seems they dont like it up them...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5e2_1333668975

MakeEverything

posted on 7/4/12 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Awesome. I think if I were an armed private security firm, I would have an LMG on deck though.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

T66

posted on 7/4/12 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
4 well trained blokes with aR15s from each end of the ship, is a lot of accurate coal..

The ships are welding heavy steel plate "firing points" on their decks, Pirates run in on the ship, the guys hang off till their right close,staying in concealment, then pop up along the length of the ship - and let rip.

iank

posted on 7/4/12 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Should fit a modified goalkeeper CIWS on a couple of ships, that would keep anyone sane well away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C2_hfrPkDg

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

NigeEss

posted on 8/4/12 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
Should fit a modified goalkeeper CIWS on a couple of ships, that would keep anyone sane well away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C2_hfrPkDg

Oh Yeh !!!

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

jollygreengiant

posted on 8/4/12 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
Don't cha just love modern chain guns.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

jeffw

posted on 9/4/12 at 07:05 AM Reply With Quote
A friend of mine (ex RM) does this for a living at the moment. I wouldn't mess with him !

violentblue

posted on 10/4/12 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
now if every ship passing through the area would just do this, then piracy would disappear overnight.
the question is "why" is piracy so common? because its easy. make it hard and they'll find something else to do.

a few pics of my other projects

Simon

posted on 10/4/12 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by violentblue
now if every ship passing through the area would just do this, then piracy would disappear overnight.
the question is "why" is piracy so common? because its easy. make it hard and they'll find something else to do.

Exactly. I would go one further, and sink them on sight; no warning shots - whilst jamming their radios.

ATB

Simon

handyandy

posted on 10/4/12 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
I was in the Merchant Navy for about 7 yrs & when sailing down the east coast of Africa we always had the crew on standby with water hoses aimed over the side, its quite frightening when boats come close even tho I was on huge ships.

I agree with the above , sink the pirates before they get chance to board the ship, some would say that they maybe be innocent before they actually raid/board a ship, sadly by the time they get onboard its too late to defend the ship as the pirates usually carry weapons.............any small boat that far out in the shipping lanes can only have 1 purpose when coming alongside.........so I say "sink em" ,

cheers
andy

Ninehigh

posted on 10/4/12 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
quote:

Exactly. I would go one further, and sink them on sight; no warning shots - whilst jamming their radios.

ATB

Simon

Like this?

Confused but excited.

posted on 10/4/12 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Because commercial fishing companies used factory ships and cleared the whole area of fish. So the local (now ex) fishermen have the choice to do this or starve because there is no other means of living in the area for them.

I would prefer to have an FN FAL or other 7.62 cal weapon in that situation, rather than what appeared to be 5.56 cal weapons that they seemed to be using. Makes better holes in hulls as well as pirates. I think those guys were either having a daft few minutes or could seriously have done with a few range days. Another ten rounds and the pirate boat would have sunk from the shear weight of beads that they traded with the natives.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.