Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fuel Transfer Kit For Jerry Can
lsdweb

posted on 14/4/12 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Fuel Transfer Kit For Jerry Can

Hi All

I've moved the fuel filler on my Elise and shortened the fuel tank - these mods have saved just over 14kg not including any excess fuel carried :-) (That's almost 2% of the weight so worth the effort!)

However, my fuel filler is in a less accessible position now so I was thinking of using one of theseeBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Has anybody used / got one ? Any thoughts / views?

Ta in advance

Wyn

beaver34

posted on 14/4/12 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
yeah works great, quick and easy, i think somtimes its quicker than filling up a at a pump
adithorp

posted on 14/4/12 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Not used one but I've seen them in use. Very quick... but I've seen a few spillages as the users had trouble stopping them when the tank was (suddenly) full but the jerry can wasn't empty or when there was back presure/blow back in the tank. It has to be released from the can to let the presure escape to stop pumping.

I use one similar to this PUMP It transfers a bit slower but is easy to switch off and isn't specific to jerry cans so can be used on other cans or to transfer fuel the other way (if you can getit down your filler)

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

andylancaster3000

posted on 14/4/12 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
^ agreed.

I have one too. Works very well indeed. Transfers fuel very fast - almost too fast having wanted to put a little bit in the car before a wet practice session!

lsdweb

posted on 14/4/12 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys

I need to be able to switch the flow off quickly as the tank is small (just over a gallon) and the filler is accessed via the passenger compartment, although all spillages will disappear to open air via the fuel tank enclosure.

Looks like the battery powered ones, ,are Universal Battery Operated Fuel Petrol Siphon Pump Buell Firebolt Thunderbolt | eBay my best option.

Wyn

lsdweb

posted on 14/4/12 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
The fuel filler will be under a removable panel next to the loose panel (fuel pump cover) on the horizontal bulkhead .

Description
Description

[Edited on 14/4/12 by lsdweb]

MK9R

posted on 14/4/12 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
I have one of those, they are brilliant and can be stopped very quickly, there is a little valve on the pipe, you press it when full and it stops almost instantly

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
lsdweb

posted on 14/4/12 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MK9R
I have one of those, they are brilliant and can be stopped very quickly, there is a little valve on the pipe, you press it when full and it stops almost instantly

Which one Austen??

Ta

Wyn

MK9R

posted on 14/4/12 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
The top one in the opening post. The valve causes air to go into the tube and stops the fuel syphoning

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
lsdweb

posted on 14/4/12 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Austen

Dilemma time!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.