Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Locost Racing Website
imagineer

posted on 16/4/12 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
Locost Racing Website

Is there a dedicated website for the Locost racing series (750mc)?

If not, I'll build one (hopefully sanctioned and endorsed by the 750mc) - with content and links provided by all of the drivers, teams, related businesses and supporters.

I'd happily produce it as a sub-domain of the LocostBuilders site, I would want it to support all of the existing efforts - not compete with them.

Ideally, each driver/team would have their own page - which could allow for sponsorship opportunities, etc.

It would be the Locost version of the official F1 site:
http://www.formula1.com/
(a proper visual feast).

I'd do it for FREE because I want to get involved - and this is something that I can offer the Locost racing family, in return for all of the help and advice that I've been offered already (I haven't even picked up the car from Glenn yet, let alone buy a race suit or get a licence).

YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE.

(I won't do it if isn't a step in the right direction.)

[Edited on 16/4/12 by imagineer]

amalyos

posted on 16/4/12 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
There's a forum on the 750mc site

http://stevembuild.blogspot.com

pewe

posted on 16/4/12 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
Given that this is a privately owned site I suggest you contact ChrisW (aka The Boss) to ask him.
Sounds like a good idea to me but it's his agreement that really counts.
Cheers, Pewe10

imagineer

posted on 16/4/12 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
I definitely don't want to stand on anyone's toes; I'm just floating the idea.

Feedback and opinions please ...

ernie

posted on 16/4/12 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
In the past, we had a Yahoo chat site. Which now seems defunct.
Procomp has a site forum, now the 750 club has a forum.
Whilst it's always good to have many avenues to explore, the formula rep & comp secretary only post on the club site

PANDE FIRE & SECURITY SYSTEMS

f750sgr

posted on 16/4/12 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
People keep mentionning forum to imagineer, but that wasn't what was being suggested. A website would be a great idea for showcasing your team. I'm already on one, but mine has to go through a lot of people not connected with my racing and hence doesn't always show what I want.

Why not post a voting thread?

Sean

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
imagineer

posted on 16/4/12 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
BINGO!

This is about showcasing the race series, the teams and the cars.

Bags of sex/race appeal to encourage interest from spectators and sponsors alike.

Anyone fancy free tyres or racewear?

This isn't about making money (for me personally), just introducing a bit of glam and professional presentation to the racing series. (Because it's what I do for a living - so for me it's easy.)

Each driver/team would have their own section/pages on the site, artworked and written to make them all look like professional racing outfits. (It would save them all wasting time and money on bulding and updating their own websites - they can help me with my car instead , or offer their services/skills to other drivers or to the series collectively).

Everyone would of course be free to have their own sites as they please, but why bother when you have a professional designer offering to do it for you? I can also provide team logos, graphics for the cars, etc.

All I'm asking for in return is some help with my car (becasue I'm a total novice), donations of any spare parts that people have knocking about (because my 5 month old daughter and her mother keep emptying my pockets - albeit with beautiful smiles), and top tips for driving competitively so that I can beat you all.

f750sgr

posted on 16/4/12 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Top Tip and this applies to all levels of motorsport;

'To finish first, first you have to finish'.

It's re-quote, but one that I always think about when I read DNF on the results sheet.

Sean

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ernie

posted on 16/4/12 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Count me in

PANDE FIRE & SECURITY SYSTEMS

imagineer

posted on 16/4/12 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
As I haven't met any of the drivers/teams yet, would someone already involved with the racing like to spread the word and get some feedback on my behalf?
procomp

posted on 16/4/12 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Quick reply as very busy with customers Etc.

most off the drivers are now communicating on various Face-book pages. If you stick my name in ( Mathew Gilmour) and friend request ill add you to the relevant pages. You can then talk directly with the majority of the drivers and get direct feedback.

Cheers Matt

imagineer

posted on 16/4/12 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Matt ... will you be my friend ... ???
Richard Jenkins

posted on 16/4/12 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
A high quality website promoting Locost racing sounds like a good thing to me. I guess it could act as a focal point for the various websites, forums and Facebook communications, supporting them rather than taking anything away? Go for it
TimC

posted on 16/4/12 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by imagineer

Honestly, you want him on your side for your first race day. See here for details.

f750sgr

posted on 16/4/12 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that link, Tim. I appear in the foreground of your spinning photo. I never knew that photo existed!

Sean

TimC

posted on 16/4/12 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by f750sgr
Thanks for that link, Tim. I appear in the foreground of your spinning photo. I never knew that photo existed!

Sean

No problem, Also seen here:

You are therefore destined to sit on my study wall for eternity.

TC

[Edited on 16/4/12 by TimC]

f750sgr

posted on 16/4/12 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
I feel honoured. Shame the car is no more.

Sean

steveiow

posted on 18/4/12 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by imagineer

Careful, he is a cheeky chappie

You wont go far wrong with Matt, he is a top bloke and a damn fast driver when he gets his car ready for the season, after he has sorted everyone else's out first.

If you want a chat with us, we are car #12 and will be at all the rounds this year. I try to keep my blog up to date, but time is limited. its www.sewc.co.uk

As for a Locost website to promote the racing, if you can do it in conjuction with the clubs approval as a complimentary resource, it would be a great idea. Again, chat to Matt as he will be able to help you with that and who to talk to.

2012 Locost Race Car #12 - for everything Locost Racing: www.SEWC.co.uk

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.