Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Breivik ... sane or insane
woodster

posted on 17/4/12 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Breivik ... sane or insane

not a very nice subject i know and deeply upsetting but my question is, is he insane or not and if hes not WTF has the world come too and whos to blame if anyone ??

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/97734366-885d-11e1-a727-00144feab49a.html?ftcamp=published_links/rss/world/feed//product#axzz1sI528WKi

loggyboy

posted on 17/4/12 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
Doesnt matter IMO, he did the crime and should be in prison (or high secure hospital) for the rest of his life.

Some people are just a bit f***ed up, hes one of them. No one to blame, no computer game made him do it, just a very twisted outlook on life.

tegwin

posted on 17/4/12 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
If you can plan and carry out a series of attacks like Breivik has done then you are clearly not insane. He is capable of logical thought and therefore should be sent to jail for life (and I mean life).

Not sure that allowing him to spread his gospel through a trial is a good idea. Just put him in a hole and leave him there....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

cliftyhanger

posted on 17/4/12 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
As above it is irrelevant.
He is dangerous, and will always be so.
Hopefully he will humiliate himself during the trial. And they need to keep him handcuffed behind his back to stop his clenched fist salute. Sod it if he is uncomfortable. He should not be allowed to use his trial to glorify his deeds.

scudderfish

posted on 17/4/12 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
What is the legal definition of sanity?
Wheels244

posted on 17/4/12 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
Stretch his neck
Lethal injection
Electric chair
Firing squad

The choice is yours as they say.

There is absolutely no doubt of his guilt - no ifs, buts or maybe's - he did it.
So the bleeding heart liberals don't have much to go on with this one.
He forfeitted his right to life when he started blowing up and shooting innocent people

nib1980

posted on 17/4/12 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
Sane
twybrow

posted on 17/4/12 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Sane like Hitler... Just a very warped view of reality when compared to the rest of us. He is clearly a very intelligent person, and had gone to a lot of trouble to plan and carry out these heanous crimes. It wasn't 'voices' that told him to do it - he has an incredibly strong set of beliefs, that he acted upon in a calculated way.

I think he should be in solitary confinement forever, with just Al Jazeera TV to keep him company...! Unfortunately, I suspect that would be seen as 'a violation of his human right'.....

[Edited on 17/4/12 by twybrow]

steve m

posted on 17/4/12 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
I believe he is sane, but with the same delusions as the Hitler/Gadaffi type of creature
And should be eliminated

I do not get why anyone would want to kill another person for any reason
There may be an occasion when someone needs to be stopped from an attack, in self defence, or to protect another person in a direct attack, but the intention of murder, does not spring to my head very easily

steve

scudderfish

posted on 17/4/12 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
And should be eliminated

I do not get why anyone would want to kill another person for any reason

Did you mean to contradict yourself there?

steve m

posted on 17/4/12 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
That is splitiing hairs, but i get your point

Is executing someone for heanous crimes murder ?

I personley think not, more like protecting the "normal civilisation"

twybrow

posted on 17/4/12 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
Why exectue him, and make him itno a martyr for any other extremisit who share his views? His sufferering then ends - leave him to reflect for the next 30 years - that will hurt him far more.
adithorp

posted on 17/4/12 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m

...There may be an occasion when someone needs to be stopped from an attack, in self defence, or to protect another person in a direct attack...

steve

Sadly I suspect thats what he'll claim he was doing; Defending Norway!

I don't agree with those who say he shouldn't be given the platform to express his opinions. Turn on the lights and force the 'roches out of the shadows where we can all see them for what they are. Otherwise the majority will fall back into there slumber, where he and his kind can whisper there evil in your ears.

...and yes he's completely barking!

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

nick205

posted on 17/4/12 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
It seems unlikely his defence team will be able get an insane ruling on him. He's also stated already that being ruled insane would be the most terrible sentence imaginable (or words to that effect) meaning (to me) that he was in willful control of his actions.

Listening on Radio4 news to an interview with the state attorney (or similar) she made the important point that as a civilised nation and society they must try him in accordance with their laws - something I'm in full agreement with however bad his crimes.

The most likely outcome is a life sentence with no release. The for his own safety he will probably have to be held in solitary confinement - for life. The rest of your life locked up on your own to reflect upon your actions seems the worst punishment he'll face

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 17/4/12 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
as I understand things, Norwegian law only allows a maximum prison sentence of 21 years and the defence team are trying to prove his is sane, so he'll be out in 21 years!!

The prosecution are trying for the insanity verdict because they can then lock him away in an institution for ever.

[Edited on 17/4/12 by liam.mccaffrey]

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

scootz

posted on 17/4/12 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
No idea... but I do know that he needs to be locked away until the day he dies.

It's Evolution Baby!

snakebelly

posted on 17/4/12 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
Revoke his passport and deport him to Saudi Arabia!

imo he is clearly insane, anyone able to kill that many people in the calm manner he did it in cannot be deemd sane surely? all irrelevant though either way i cant see him seeing the light of day ever again.

mrwibble

posted on 17/4/12 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by liam.mccaffrey
as I understand things, Norwegian law only allows a maximum prison sentence of 21 years and the defence team are trying to prove his is sane, so he'll be out in 21 years!!

I can't see that happening, this is the sort of case where the law gets changed. And they'll have 21 years to change it...

twybrow

posted on 17/4/12 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrwibble
quote:
Originally posted by liam.mccaffrey

I can't see that happening, this is the sort of case where the law gets changed. And they'll have 21 years to change it...

this is not quite tue. A 'life sentance' for thsi would be 21 years, but Norway has a rule that states if someone is deemed a risk to themsleves or others, that 21 years can be extended indefinately.... I doubt he will ever be a free man agaian...

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 17/4/12 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Sanity, or insanity, are simply perspective, each is different.

Is it 'sane' to spend your entire life as a slave to money, only to die. I would argue not.

Surely, we simply look at what is 'acceptable' to the majority. Killing people probably isn't (unless you're in Government, from their perspective), and a Court will decide that.

Heard a horrific (from my perspective) news article recently about a guy who dug the eyes from a woman. I assume from his perspective, this was OK... again, absolutely physically sickening from my perspective.

The Venom Project

posted on 17/4/12 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Not a Nutter

Shooting kids is just wrong whichever way you look at it., He is a bloody terrorist, He needs to die by firing squad, or maybe just drop him out of a plane over the ocean.

It's not that i'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.....

morcus

posted on 17/4/12 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
As said before, how do you judge sanity, but from a legal perspective I'd say he was sane. His arguements and reasonings, though extreme and just plain weird, are no more crazy than any other extremist groups that are considered sane.

Killing him or covering things up (which an insanity verdict would allow) would be just as wrong as what he did, and probably more likely to give his weird views some gravitas. The kind of people that are likely to follow him are much more likely to get his manifestos and ramblings of the internet than they are to watch or read court room coverage.

On a simillar note, Manson was denied Parole again last week and will be in his 90's by the time he gets another chance. The reasons for keeping him in prison, they claim he's still a dangerous influence on people so it's likely the same thing will happen to Breivik.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

RK

posted on 17/4/12 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
I think we have to have confidence that he won't get out in public again. They surely have provisions, as we do, for killers like this to stay in the clink longer than the 21 years. I just don't feel well about paying for it, if I'm Norwegian, but that's the way it goes unless you want to go around murdering "murderers" at random like they seem to do in certain other places in the world, one of them next to me.
ali f27

posted on 17/4/12 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Just a case of turning the wheels of justice some one that twisted can never be allowed into socity again hope it is done quickly and gives the victims kin some kind of closure every now and again we seem to breed a throw back to thousands of years ago when we were nearer to animals i suppose genetically this kind of thing is still in humans
Simon

posted on 17/4/12 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
He is sane and deserves everything he gets.

As for ending his existence, I'd go along with that. I really object to having to keep these people alive - housed, fed and watered with plenty of entertainment (sky/ds/wii).

ATB

Simon

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.