Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2Gether Insurance rant
Worzey

posted on 21/4/12 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
2Gether Insurance rant

I recently renewed my insurance with 2Gether Insurance.

They sent out the policy with a covering letter saying I had 30 days to return the mileage declaration, copy of drivers licences and signed forms. As I was away for work I decided to send the information back when I got home a few days later.

10 days later I received a letter from 2Gether letter saying that unless I return the documents within 3 days my policy would be cancelled. What happened to the 30 days I had at the start? Don't move the goal posts!

I quickly sent off the requested information but this morning I received, by recorded delivery, Notice of Intention to cancel my policy. Apparently they needed copies of both the photo and paper parts of my driving licence. I had only sent the photo card part.

They should have made it explicit that they wanted both parts to avoid any confusion. Even so, why the need to send via recorded delivery when an email or phone call would have been the easiest way to resolve the problem? To$$ers.

All the above, together with errors on the policy schedule and variations in price to be paid on different documentation is not acceptable. Their customer service sucked.

Caterham R400

omega0684

posted on 21/4/12 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
so have you cancelled your policy?

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Worzey

posted on 21/4/12 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
Very tempted. But not sure I'd get my money back.

I'll just vote with my feet next time.

Caterham R400

jacko

posted on 21/4/12 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
I would give 2Gether a phone call and talk to Gary its not on them moving the posts as you say
They must get a lot of work of this site
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
kevmcdo

posted on 21/4/12 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
They started off being very competitive with decent service, now from my own experience find their attention to detail is very poor and when pointed out the customer service that follows is disgustingly poor. This when their prices are around average makes you wonder what has changed in their set up. There are lots of other brokers out there charging similar prices with much better service and cover !!!!!!
franky

posted on 21/4/12 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Worzey
Very tempted. But not sure I'd get my money back.

I'll just vote with my feet next time.

You get what you pay for...... have a search of threads on here.

mrwibble

posted on 21/4/12 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
you could try brentacre next time, I moved to them from adrian flux last year as i got peed off with their service, beat my quote and had all the extras included instead of being flogged card cover etc as extra.
designer

posted on 21/4/12 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
I have never had any problems with 2gether. Usually the cheapest (won't change to save £20!) and their breakdown is exceptional, sorted me out in France no problem.

Your full driving license is the car AND the paper bit, not just the card.

PSpirine

posted on 21/4/12 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
since when do insurers need a copy of your drivers license?!?!
Worzey

posted on 21/4/12 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
I asked that question as I didn't think they needed that information either.

Apparently its part of the T&C's in the contract and is aimed at reducing fraud. Still don't get it myself.

Caterham R400

britishtrident

posted on 21/4/12 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
I have never had any problems with 2gether. Usually the cheapest (won't change to save £20!) and their breakdown is exceptional, sorted me out in France no problem.

Your full driving license is the car AND the paper bit, not just the card.

Thats changing soon, in line with the rest of Europe it will just be the car part.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

britishtrident

posted on 21/4/12 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
LV are very easy to deal with no unnecessary paper work I got my renewal in from LV today I can't believe how it started out cheap and keeps getting cheaper with every renewal.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

jacko

posted on 21/4/12 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
LV are very easy to deal with no unnecessary paper work I got my renewal in from LV today I can't believe how it started out cheap and keeps getting cheaper with every renewal.

Do LV do kit cars ?

jase380

posted on 21/4/12 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kevmcdo
They started off being very competitive with decent service, now from my own experience find their attention to detail is very poor and when pointed out the customer service that follows is disgustingly poor. This when their prices are around average makes you wonder what has changed in their set up. There are lots of other brokers out there charging similar prices with much better service and cover !!!!!!

Found the same myself when I used them, sent out docs with wrong reg and no cover for travel to and from work. Got the reg no corrected quite quickly but took nearly 4 months and dozens of phone calls to get a document with sdp and travel to and from work included. There's a lot of firms about competing for our hard earned cash so you would think retaining customers and keeping them happy would be a priority

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 21/4/12 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Don't get me
Started on insurance broker ballz upz
Adrian fcux are just a washing machine for a bunch of money takers.
I had a head on on a single track blind rise and the 4x4 won
On the outset they wereN helpful
But have never paid the repairer so I had to sell the wreckage to pay for the first part of the work.
Subsequent detailed investigation showed up several failed tubes with compression kinks.
Once these were found the economics of a garage repair were blown as it would have been a new chassis. Reskin and spray paint rebuild total 6 k
Arguments and a stale mate resulted in me footing the initial work cost by selling it of as a wreck.
So I lost out big time
Oh well suppose they got my fave toy on way or the other. Never mind tryin to save up for a cater ham and an elise

[Edited on 21-4-12 by mangogrooveworkshop]

fesycresy

posted on 21/4/12 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
I found Footman James the best.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

steve m

posted on 21/4/12 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Dave,

I used Frank Pickles and found them firstly the cheapest buy far, and easy to deal with

Steve

franky

posted on 21/4/12 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Dave,

I used Frank Pickles and found them firstly the cheapest buy far, and easy to deal with

Steve

Me too.

I once used another insurance company I had an al2gether different experience...

Insure car
Don't get any paperwork for 5 weeks
Get Paperwork with wrong name and car on it
Get paperwork with correct name and wrong car
Get Paperwork with another car, wrong one and still not mine
Finally get paperwork with right name and car on 4.5months into policy.

Time to renew, get asked the same questions about 6 times, get 45min into the phonecall and remember all the above.

Call Frank Pickles, Pay £8 more and get all the correct paperwork through 1st time.

ashg

posted on 21/4/12 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
I'm with Frank pickles no bother so far and 1000x better than 2gether. Barry is the chap to talk to. he is on the phone a lot but he will allways call back. there was an issue in our local club with a chap that had a crash. the insurer (highway) were denying the agreed value. after a call to Barry at fp (broker) I believe it was all sorted without much pain.

[Edited on 21/4/2012 by ashg]

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 21/4/12 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
I'm with Frank pickles no bother so far and 1000x better than 2gether. Barry is the chap to talk to. he is on the phone a lot but he will allways call back. there was an issue in our local club with a chap that had a crash. the insurer (highway) were denying the agreed value. after a call to Barry at fp (broker) I believe it was all sorted without much pain.

[Edited on 21/4/2012 by ashg]

Next time I will use a pickle rather than a fcux.

eddie99

posted on 22/4/12 at 06:35 AM Reply With Quote
I got messed about by footman james but am now with MSM Insurance, Couldn't recommend them enough, very helpful over the phone and were a good price for me.

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
twybrow

posted on 22/4/12 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Worzey
I recently renewed my insurance with 2Gether Insurance.

They sent out the policy with a covering letter saying I had 30 days to return the mileage declaration, copy of drivers licences and signed forms. As I was away for work I decided to send the information back when I got home a few days later.

10 days later I received a letter from 2Gether letter saying that unless I return the documents within 3 days my policy would be cancelled. What happened to the 30 days I had at the start? Don't move the goal posts!

I quickly sent off the requested information but this morning I received, by recorded delivery, Notice of Intention to cancel my policy. Apparently they needed copies of both the photo and paper parts of my driving licence. I had only sent the photo card part.

They should have made it explicit that they wanted both parts to avoid any confusion. Even so, why the need to send via recorded delivery when an email or phone call would have been the easiest way to resolve the problem? To$$ers.

All the above, together with errors on the policy schedule and variations in price to be paid on different documentation is not acceptable. Their customer service sucked.

I had this last month when I renewed. I rang up, and they were happy to take the mileage over the phone, as the call was recorded. I agree though, not good to change the goal posts - I had a chasing letter arrive 2 days after I renewed my policy - come on guys, give us a chance!

2GETHER INS

posted on 23/4/12 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Worzey,

I am sorry you feel our service this year has not meet your expectations. Our procedure has not changed since you took your first policy out with us. We have always sent 3 reminders regarding outstanding paperwork. The 1st being sent with your insurance documents, we list on the letter the items we require. The 2nd is sent 7 days later if the documents have not yet been received the 3rd letter is sent with the date the policy will be cancelled if items are not received.
I am sorry you feel that our procedure may be un acceptable but we have tried several different approaches in the past and none of them seem to work, this seems to be the most successful option in avoiding cancellation.
We work very hard to avoid cancellation so I do apologise if the letters you received seem demanding, it is difficult to find a balance which will suit all of our customers.

We action cancellations on behalf of your Insurance provider, they allow 30 days from the date the policy was set up. It is not in our interest to cancel policies unnecessarily.

The card & paper section form your Driving licence, once it has been confirmed by the relevant authority the paper part is no longer required we will not request this. Driving licences are requested by many insurers now for many reasons including fraud.

Highway insurance are underwritten by LV Insurance.

If you have any further queries/questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly as we are always looking at ways we can improve our service.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.