Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Two-year celebration! (Extreme delivery time!)
RSr

posted on 22/4/12 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Two-year celebration! (Extreme delivery time!)

Hi!
I ordered a MK Indy R delux kit 2010-04-22. I paid for the whole delivery 2010-06-? And it arrived sometime 2010-09. First It was delivered to another person living in the south of Sweden (1 340 km away).

When I discovered that they sent the wrong steering rack and that there were some parts missing I spoke whit Barry. No problem just send back the Lhd steering rack so we can change it too a quick rack. I paid for the delivery to MK 50£. After that I haven’t seen my quick rack.

I have phoned and emailed MK several times and it’s always the same. We just sent the parts it should arrive in two weeks.

The first year I spoke whit Barry and after that I got the tip that it was faster to talk with Danny. But it’s the same…

Sometime early 2011 I ordered a set of Team dynamics pro race 1.2 I thought that they could send them in the same delivery as my other stuff. The rims arrived but nothing else.

I can understand that it takes longer time to fix an Lhd steering rack then an Rhd but not this long.

So what to do? Started posting on Facebook at the MK owners club, I didn’t want to start a full internetwar at ones, but give them a last chance too send my stuff.

This is what's missig!
Brake pipe (flex braded hose
Quick rack 2,8 Lhd
Manufacturer's certificate
Aero Screen. (Black)
Dash board. (Black)
Lights (E-market and Lhd)
- Headlamp (Black)
- Rear stop/tail
- Rear indicator
Pedals

Today it's exactly two years since I sent the order to MK Sportscars................................

//Rickard Svedberg (Sweden)

wylliezx9r

posted on 22/4/12 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Thats terrible customer service, shame because they are really nice cars.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

mad-butcher

posted on 22/4/12 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hopefully it should be resolved very shortly, can't see why you had to pay postage on the rack if they messed up
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
designer

posted on 22/4/12 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
What's danny keenan going to say?

He always tells us how good they are; prove it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
austin man

posted on 22/4/12 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Are you sure the other person in the south of Sweden didn't forget to forward all the bits?

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

designer

posted on 22/4/12 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Are you sure the other person in the south of Sweden didn't forget to forward all the bits?

Even if he didn't it's still MK fault!

phelpsa

posted on 22/4/12 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=30&t=1138613&mid=154043&nmt=Mk+indy

Sounds like standards may be slipping from MK.

austin man

posted on 22/4/12 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
quote:

Even if he didn't it's still MK fault!

Not saying its not MKs fault do you know the other person who it went to did you ask them if they forwarded all the parts.

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

PAUL FISHER

posted on 22/4/12 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
There's always two sides to the story, unfortunately on the internet forums we only hear from people who have had either really good service, or really bad service from any company, and rarely on the forums get the other side of the story from the company involved, so we never get a balance view.
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 22/4/12 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
I know of a MK owner in Sweden who has asked me to drive to MK to get his bits ......
RSr

posted on 23/4/12 at 04:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
There's always two sides to the story, unfortunately on the internet forums we only hear from people who have had either really good service, or really bad service from any company, and rarely on the forums get the other side of the story from the company involved, so we never get a balance view.

Hi Paul ! Of course there are always two sides to this kind of story. Danny Feel free to tell your version here.

Think I've been pretty patient and waited a long time. The steering rack has been gone for 1.5 years and they rest, I have never seen. How long would you wait for a delivery?

This is from a email i resived 2011-10-27:

Hi Richard
I have just ordered your fibreglass now.i will have all the parts ready by next week for you.i will make sure you get everything

Thanks danny

Serious I do not know how I would have done otherwise, I always try to be nice, paid as soon as I received notice that the parts were finished ..
I know it takes about 14 days for delivery to arrive at my address, so I usually wait at least that time before I call and ask where the parts are .. //Rickard

[Edited on 23/4/12 by RSr]

designer

posted on 23/4/12 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

unfortunately on the internet forums we only hear from people who have had either really good service, or really bad service from any company

Agree, but that is what forums are for. A good service to customers in the UK does not make a failed service to Sweden justyfiable.

All customers must be of equal importance, and if a company deals internationaly there will obviously be additional problems, but all must be treated the same.

I once made a error when selling internationally, and I lost money (postage, bits lost, duties, etc.) but I had to take the hit (and loss) and got it right the next time.

withersdelivers

posted on 23/4/12 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
hmmm. Do i rethink my choice of car now? Seen a few complaints about mk's service lately! But the people i have spoken to face to face have said they are great to deal with! Torn now!
withersdelivers

posted on 23/4/12 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
hmmm. Do i rethink my choice of car now? Seen a few complaints about mk's service lately! But the people i have spoken to face to face have said they are great to deal with! Torn now!
mad-butcher

posted on 23/4/12 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
withersdelivers I wouldn't change my mind if I was you, ignore the 1 or 2 MK critics (they know who they are). they are excellent value for money. Must admit I'm a bit suprised Danny hasn't responded as he's usualy on the ball
bi22le

posted on 23/4/12 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

That is why this forum is so good. You DO get both sides.

Somebody got shot down recently for slaying a supplier that uses this forum. Danny also checks this forum.

I hope it gets sorted soon.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

PAUL FISHER

posted on 23/4/12 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
quote:

That is why this forum is so good. You DO get both sides.

Somebody got shot down recently for slaying a supplier that uses this forum. Danny also checks this forum.

I hope it gets sorted soon.

Do we get both sides? I don't think we do, look at Darren at GTS for example, he no longer posts on here to defend himself, although he does have a few more problems than the average kitcar company, he still has many happy customers. My post was more of a general view of internet forums and companys not just MK, I can't and won't defend bad service if that is found to be the case, but like Ive already said, we do only hear when people have had really good or bad service, the odd customer has a bad experience, posts on a few forums, can make the company appear to be a lot worse than it really is, MK for example have had many thousands of customers over the years, and I know meeting and talking to people at shows and trackdays etc that for 99% of them, there experience has been positive one when dealing with MK Sportscars, the usual comments are along the lines of "what a great bunch of lads" and "can't do enough for you" so something appears to have gone wrong on this occasion, but what ever you do, particularly in kitcar industry, your never going to "please all of the people all of the time"

withersdelivers

posted on 23/4/12 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
mad butcher and Paul fisher . I think from my recent research that you are both spot on... You Cant please everybody and the praise far outweighs the disappointment! I hope those who have had problems , get them resolved asap but im sticking with my choice...mk all the way!
RSr

posted on 23/4/12 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
I talked to Danny today and he has promised to sort this out..

The only thing I want is to get the stuff that I have paid and waited a long time for. The problem is that I have a little difficult to go there and talk to them personally, so it must be like this instead.
I do not know if I am a "oddcustomer" Paul? But I can honestly not understand what I'd done wrong. If you want I can post all email, and more. But it is perhaps to be "odd". The question is how long a customer should have to wait? Even if I would be odd, I still paid for a product that has not been delivered.

If I'm not completely misinformed Paul, you have good contact with MK, Please feel free to ask what's the problem.

Anyway, I will continue posting here and on other forums until my delivery comes... //Rickard Svedberg (Sweden)

austin man

posted on 23/4/12 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Hopefully all is sorted for you now and you will get to finish and drive your car for the summer

JoelP

posted on 23/4/12 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
I suspect you just got forgotten. Its compounded with you being abroad, which makes it harder for you to chase them up, but id assume they are busy and forgot about your order. Not good going on for so long, especially if you reminded them a few times, but hopefully it will be sorted soon.

This is a league apart from the snivelling idiot at GTS, who doesnt post anymore basically because there is nothing he can say to save his reputation.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

designer

posted on 23/4/12 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I suspect you just got forgotten.

Don't think so!

If a customer keeps tryting to contact, you know; they chose to 'forget'.

RSr

posted on 8/5/12 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Still no delivery! I spoke to Danny a few times since I posted last time. Last week, the stuff would have been delivered. But no delivery in sight. Today he said that it had been delivered to another guy in Sweden and it would take another few days .... today it is 746 days since I sent the order to MK...

//Rickard Svedberg

jossey

posted on 8/5/12 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure they will lose business because of this. It's a shame. My friend was looking at MK so i forwarded the link :-)

Shame

Good luck

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

MEERKAT

posted on 10/5/12 at 05:29 AM Reply With Quote
I know I'm just starting out building my Indy but i have researched quiet a few independent car builders, few get it right all the time, many get it wrong often, but I have found MK always easy to approach and happy to help even when I'm not going to spend my hard earned, they seem genuinely keen to get well built MK,s on the road . My advice to any builder is to take the time and visit Danny and the team on a Saturday morning at MK its worth it I promise you.

"To alcohol, the cause and solution to all of life's problems"
- Homer J Simpson

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.