Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Calling all Tiger avon owners using sierra uprights
jossey

posted on 1/5/12 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Calling all Tiger avon owners using sierra uprights

As above anyone using sierra front uprights on your Avon?

I'm wanting to use sierra as I have decent calipers and drilled grooved discs but I see the book says big changes need to be made.....

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Rudy

posted on 10/5/12 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, I used it and I meet some problem. This is what i did http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=53010&page=1 , you have to pay a lot of attention to have a good steering response.
Hope that help
Ciao Rudy

Sorry about my English

Minicooper

posted on 10/5/12 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey

I'm wanting to use sierra as I have decent calipers and drilled grooved discs but I see the book says big changes need to be made.....

The tiger avon book when referring to sierra uprights also uses the sierra lower arm setup this means significant changes to the chassis and suspension brackets. If you use just the sierra upright you can fairly easily mount it to what you have as standard on the front of an avon like Rudy.

When I was trying to make my mind up between sierra and cortina uprights I just swapped between them as I changed my mind, from memory I believe the upper wishbone needs to be a little shorter when using the sierra upright, but it looks okay on Rudy pictures so maybe I don't have a good a memory as I thought.

The wishbone setup I used was the Haynes roadster, the upper wishbone on the Haynes setup is much lower down, so you don't need the elevated muchroom adapter pictured on Rudy's upright

Cheers
David

laptoprob

posted on 10/5/12 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Dave your just a glutten for it ....

Be like the rest of us and go for the glorious Cortina upright and sell the discs etc you have in favour of the mighty M16 calipers

jossey

posted on 4/6/12 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
I don't like easy lol

Dave

quote:
Originally posted by laptoprob
quote:

Dave your just a glutten for it ....

Be like the rest of us and go for the glorious Cortina upright and sell the discs etc you have in favour of the mighty M16 calipers

Thanks

David Johnson

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jossey

posted on 4/6/12 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you all :-) ill give it a go :-)

Thanks

David Johnson

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.