Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2Gether Insurance a Nightmare
sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 11/5/12 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
2Gether Insurance a Nightmare

Has any one else had a really bad experience with 2Gether insurance? I switched from Adrian Flux because they weren't ensuring I got the best renewal quote. Now I'm with 2Gether I'm getting barraged with emails and recorded delivery letters threatening to cancel the insurance I've only just taken out. I emailed them telling them I was working flat out on Olympic test events with no time for anything else (between 2 and 4 hours sleep a night!) and would respond as soon as the events were over and they've just ignored it and carried on sending the threatening emails and letters!

They wrote to me on the 26th to say they would need the proposal form and proof of no claims within 30 days, now I'm getting sign-for-delivery 7 day notices of cancellation (dated the 10th), which by my reckoning does not give me the 30 days they originally promised.

Do they think that their customers have nothing to do in their lives but jump to their bidding? Do they think it is good customer service to send threatening letters to their new customers? What is wrong with a friendly reminder? Why the 7 Day Final Cancellation Advice (their underline) threatening cancellation on the 17th when they originally gave me until the 26th to respond?

Their price was good but have I ever jumped out of the frying pan into the fire! Their attitude and customer service is appalling.

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

twybrow

posted on 11/5/12 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
I raised this with them too, as I was not happy with the nature/timing of the letter. Ring them up, and you can give you mileage over the phone, as the call is recorded. Job done.

In their defence, it is not relavent, or thier business to know what is making you busy - they have to backup the mileage and NCB with documentation, and they will be contrained by the underwriters Terms and Conditions. So I am not surprised they want to chase it promptly, as you could see people taking forever to get the info if the pressure was off.

For me, the lower cost outweighs the poor initial service, but we all have our limits!

designer

posted on 11/5/12 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
I have never had any problems with 2gether insurance, and their break down service sorted my problem in France with no questions.

You want a good policy, you have to fill in the forms in the time specified.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
owelly

posted on 11/5/12 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
I had plenty of grief with 2gether when the policy details were wrong. I ended-up £80 out of pocket which made their policy more expensive than the others I had on my list! I'll still consider them for renewal but I'll make sure the same can't happen again.
I've had the same sort of 'notice to cancel policy' from AF when they said they hadn't recieved my proof of no-claims, yet they had my mileage declaration which was in the same envelope!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 11/5/12 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
I rang up about renewel and when I said the break down cover was cheaper else where the dude on the other end accused me of wasting his time and hung up on me!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 11/5/12 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
I have never had any problems with 2gether insurance, and their break down service sorted my problem in France with no questions.

You want a good policy, you have to fill in the forms in the time specified.

Agreed, but I was still well within the time specified, they were going to cancel on the 17th but I had until the 28th to respond??!!

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

Bluemoon

posted on 11/5/12 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
I rang up about renewel and when I said the break down cover was cheaper else where the dude on the other end accused me of wasting his time and hung up on me!

That's off.. Had no problems with them found great service fine. Their European breakdown cover was the cheapest I could find at time time, not sure about UK only though.

Wheels244

posted on 11/5/12 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
I've been with them for 3 years and had great service all the time.
Minor amendments required for documentation were dealt with efficiently and promptly.
I have the kit car, modded Landrover and caravan insured through them.

I appreciate frustrations with chasing letters but just imagine how many norbets
they get who don't return required documentation.

Dangle_kt

posted on 11/5/12 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
But you have time to complain on a forum?

I took a while to get my forms back too, but accepted that if I'm a bit lax, then they are within their rights to chivvy me along.

Not Anumber

posted on 11/5/12 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
They were very polite and helpful wen i got a quote from them. I only didnt go with them in fact because they were marginally beaten on price by another insurer.

I can certainly see it would be annoying to receive letter after letter threatening to close down the policy when they have previously said you have 30 days to get the documentation back to them.

If you are serious about pursuing it there is no point sending complaints by email- instead if you can be bothered to do it write a formal letter to their MD

dhutch

posted on 11/5/12 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
I had the same.

No issues seeing it up, very nice friendly service, got me a quote, and then rang back at the time requested later that day to confirm and take my payment. Happy days.

Got documents almost next day, with a request for mileage/licence/clubmembership saying I had 30 days, so far so good. But as I was busy a week passed before I got around to sent it off but which time I had got a 'signed for letter' which I had to trawl out to the post office for, which as per the OP came over very aggressive, and stated a cancellation date several days short of the 30.

When I rang up I was told 'dont worry, they dont actually cancel it, they will just send you another letter'. Commented on this being odd as was told that a lot have rang about the same and they are looking to change it.

Two weeks later, I get a text "Please ring us urgently about your cancellation" or whatever it said. And when I tired to ring I was on hold for over 5minutes four times before I got through to someone, to find out I hadnt sent back my "signed proposal" which I hadnt, which might be my mistake, but last night I got another signed letter, which although I've not had chance to collect, I presume is connected!

I'll send them the proposal back tonight, and I presume all will them be well, however, although its still the best price and hopefully a good policy, a lot of time and heartache from both sides imo.

Daniel

john_p_b

posted on 11/5/12 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
had the same thing with them myself and won't be renewing with them next year.

sent my docs back to them and then got a letter threatening to cancel so i phoned and got a new set of docs to sign and send back, did this and sent back again, they said they didn'ty get them, did this for the 3rd time then said i'd email them to them, took them giving me 4 different email addresses before they acknowledged they had received them.

i dred to think what the outcome would be if i needed to make a claim through them

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

Not Anumber

posted on 11/5/12 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
I often think if companies paid their back office admin staff more on a par with their sales staff these types of mistakes would be very rare indeed.
lewis

posted on 11/5/12 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
After sorting out most of my details that were wrong ( seems to be the norm even though it was a renewal soon details had changed!) I had a prang and 2 gether were very good in sorting and liasing with the insurance company who had no clue about kit cars.

I am a driving god!..........sort of

lotusmadandy

posted on 11/5/12 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
I have just renewed with 2gether and had no trouble.
a five minute phone call and my doc's were here next day
This is my third year with them,no problems to date.

Andy

steve m

posted on 11/5/12 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
I beleive the problem here, is that we always hear of a complaint against a certain company, but not always when people have good to excellent service, as i would imagine most companys will strive for ?

It might not be to "PC" but what about some type of leader board on companys that are used by ourselfs
A bit like the ebay style of feedback ?

only a suggestion, and open for discussion

steve

SeaBass

posted on 11/5/12 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
As I've said before, I've had nothing but good service (4 years running) including emailing me a cover note with 10mins this time for insurance of the Defender.

I did get the reminder to send in the proposal, mileage declaration and copy of driving license - it had slipped my mind. I sent them in as a matter of urgence by recorded post as I do for all important documents. It took about 15 mins to sort them and then about 2mins to pop into a post office.

I have however had horrific experience with "market leaders" like Adrian Flux who were very weird about insuring my locost agreed value AFTER they'd taken my money.

SB

Chippy

posted on 11/5/12 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Seems to me most, if not all, of the above "problems" are due to people not sending there forms back, so who's to fault, seems it's not 2gether, well as I see it. IMHO Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

john_p_b

posted on 11/5/12 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Ray, i sent mine 3 times via post and 3 times via email before on the 4th email they finally said they had received them even though i'd had delivery reports for all previous emails! how is that my fault?!

the problem i personally have is with their admin team and with the fact they state their terms as being 30 days to return docs but within 7 days start sending out very threatening letters.

i fully understand and appreciate the importance of having all paperwork present and correct, i don't understand the need to be sending very stroppy letters after 7 days then 4 days later sending recorded letters stating your policy will be canceled, makes me wonder how much cheaper they could do the insurance if they didn't waste £5 every time sending recorded letters!

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

Chippy

posted on 11/5/12 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
john-p-b

John, I did say "Seems to me most, if not all, of the above "problems" ", I didn't say ALL of them. Regards Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

dhutch

posted on 14/5/12 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
I have to admit, once I did get through to someone on the phone they where very appologetic, and where happy to extend the deadline a week to allow me to return the signed proposal, which was my fault for not noticing it was required. the only issue I think is the letters, timing of there being sent so close to the intiall request, and working within.

Daniel

Davey D

posted on 14/5/12 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
i ditched them a couple of years ago after the shitty attitude of their employees on the phone. When it came to renewal time with them i told them i had got a cheaper quote elsewhere. The response from them was that i must have been mis-quoted, and there is no way anyone can be cheaper... needless to say i left them and went with the other company

i recieved an email the other day askin me to review 2Gether.

Here is a link to their profile... look at all those amazing reviews hahaha

http://www.freeindex.co.uk/profile(2gether-insurance)_203473.htm

2GETHER INS

posted on 14/5/12 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Response to Topic

In our defence we send a number of letters to avoid cancellation by the Insurance Underwriter, these letters are only sent in your best interest. The insurance company require all documentation back within 30 days of taking out the policy, we however will chase documents on 3 occasions before this time (if not more) to avoid cancellation.
We have tried other gentler approaches to get paperwork back on time but that seems to fall on deaf ears, so I apologise to anyone who feels are documentation may seem direct but this seems to work better than other options we have previously tried. We have however introduced a text service & email service to send reminders as we are aware customers may go away and not always have access to their post.

As somebody previously mentioned & experienced we can be flexible if customers contact us to discuss any issues or problems in returning their paperwork, we are unable to assume reasons as to why items are unreturned and can only treat customers with the same process.
We are constantly working on ways we can improve our service to suit all our customers but as you can appreciate not everyone will always sing from the same hymn sheet.

2Gether never want to lose customers and we work extremely hard to retain customers and keep policies up and running.

If anyone has any issues now or in the future please feel free to contact me directly either via the forum or Katrina@2getherinsurance.com, I aim to respond within 24 hours if not sooner.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
MakeEverything

posted on 14/5/12 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 2GETHER INS

We have tried other gentler approaches to get paperwork back on time but that seems to fall on deaf ears, so I apologise to anyone who feels are documentation may seem direct but this seems to work better than other options we have previously tried.

There was a German chap that generalised in such a way a few years back. He failed too, in fact, he became one of the most hated men of the comprehensible world.

Where do you lot get off, treating everyone the same in this way? Surely if the people you refer to had not returned paperwork on time, then you cancel their policy after 30 days as per YOUR terms, making you money through cancellation or administrative charges? Why treat all customers the same? Thats just pure poor customer relations.

Ive had my fair share of insurance policies, and have never had a problem (Even as a new / younger motorist), but to send a letter out in such a tone after 7 days is not in the customers interest. I think its a wee take to be honest, and causes a great deal of unnecessary angst. Cancel it after 30 days or send out a reminder, but to threaten to cancel a policy after such a short period is rediculous.

Get yourselves 2Gether, and sort out your marketing strategy. Remember that its the customers that make your business, not some gobby salesperson or senior management team on rediculous bonuses.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Dangle_kt

posted on 14/5/12 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
It's not the broker that cancels, it's the Insurance company.

They have to follow the underwriters rules, they are a middle man.

And to be honest, reading how you responded you sound a) like you have an axe to grind and b) wouldn't be the easiest chap to deal with.

Saying they are like Hilter is quite possibly the stupidest thing Ive read in a very long time.

quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
quote:
Originally posted by 2GETHER INS

We have tried other gentler approaches to get paperwork back on time but that seems to fall on deaf ears, so I apologise to anyone who feels are documentation may seem direct but this seems to work better than other options we have previously tried.

There was a German chap that generalised in such a way a few years back. He failed too, in fact, he became one of the most hated men of the comprehensible world.

Where do you lot get off, treating everyone the same in this way? Surely if the people you refer to had not returned paperwork on time, then you cancel their policy after 30 days as per YOUR terms, making you money through cancellation or administrative charges? Why treat all customers the same? Thats just pure poor customer relations.

Ive had my fair share of insurance policies, and have never had a problem (Even as a new / younger motorist), but to send a letter out in such a tone after 7 days is not in the customers interest. I think its a wee take to be honest, and causes a great deal of unnecessary angst. Cancel it after 30 days or send out a reminder, but to threaten to cancel a policy after such a short period is rediculous.

Get yourselves 2Gether, and sort out your marketing strategy. Remember that its the customers that make your business, not some gobby salesperson or senior management team on rediculous bonuses.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.