Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: is there an easy quick way to check...
blakep82

posted on 14/5/12 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
is there an easy quick way to check...

road tax rates on a particular car by number plate, on a web site, that i can access on my phone?

need to buy another car soon, probably go to the auctions, see whats about. i know the dangers, but can be good too.

if its a car less than 10 years old, i want small petrol, or bigger turbo diesel with cheap road tax (but still a good solid car) if over 10 years, then anything goes really.

budget, ahem, well, there isn't one, which is why i don't wangt to buy something and find i'm on the 2nd highest tax band.

dad bought a 2.0 turbo diesel, 165bhp the other month, £30 a year road tax
when i looked at 7 year old audis, a similar spec engine was on the 2nd highest tax band...

for that reason, i need to be able to check quick before i try bidding on anything

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

L5W

posted on 14/5/12 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, there is this website. I'm not sure if it works on a phone though

Lee

http://l5w-mk-indy-zetec.blogspot.com/

Tatey

posted on 14/5/12 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
You can go on Parkers.co.uk and find out what tax band the specific car you are wanting, no need for registration numbers so if mates suggest something you can just find the correct car and find it from that, also tells you things like power, turning circle, fuel capacity, 0-60 times and mpg.
britishtrident

posted on 14/5/12 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Registration year and Exact model year can make a big difference also transmission as a rule of thumb automatics are one group up from the same car with manual transmission.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

MakeEverything

posted on 14/5/12 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
DVLA HERE

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

blakep82

posted on 14/5/12 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Yes that's the sort of thing I'm after lee! Thank you. And possibly Richard too (havent looked yet)
as by says two almost identical cars can be different. Current astra range, 2litre turbo diesel, 30 a year, 2 litre turbo diesel, also 95 a year, so very hard to tell which is which.
Hopefully the website will be a good way to tell I'm not about to buy a 300 a year car...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.