Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Gauging Interest - Tiger Supercat Cat D project
greenwood03

posted on 23/5/12 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Gauging Interest - Tiger Supercat Cat D project

Due to a slight 'mishap' i'm considering my options after the insurance company decided that my Tiger Supercat is 'uneconomical to repair' - so they've written it off as a Cat D.
One obvious option is to sell the car on as a project for someone to put right, which in teh right hands wouldn't be that much drama, the damage is localised to the front nearside chassis, basically the front cross members have been bent backwards resulting in a kink/bend near to the suspension area ( bottom rail).
the car itself is on an age related plate, currently it has a personal reg that would be transfered off - originally when i bought the car it was a G reg.

So if anyone might be interested in such a project please ping me a pm with your mail address and i'll gladly pop a few piccies back to you. To be clear at this stage weighing options, i may well decide to rebuild the car myself, if not then the chassis, bodywork and reg would be what i would be selling. No idea about pricing as this situation seems to happen infrequently amongst kits ( thank goodness)....guessing £1-1.5k?
(along with a long list of top gear which come the time i'll pop on here ).

There's no doubt a fair few folks on here that would know the car, i was going to say its been well looked after - but given its mishap, that's not quite right! 'gulf' painted tiger supercat 1st reg 2003, body panels adjusted so that they actually fit properly etc etc.
chrs
mark

[Edited on 24/5/12 by greenwood03]

http://southernkitcars.comIntermarque Club for owners in the South/South East

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

lewis

posted on 23/5/12 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Feel for you mate going through the same thing but rebuilding mine,quite good in a way as I get to sort all the bits that weren't quite right & totally rewire/upgrade parts as I go,you will miss the car so if you can rebuild got to be worth a go??

I am a driving god!..........sort of

Strontium Dog

posted on 23/5/12 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
U2U about fixing it!

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x319/zephyr2000/General%20forum%20uploads/?action=view¤t=3DEngine.mp4

Mr C

posted on 23/5/12 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Mark, didn't realise you were in this position, didn't clock anything on skcc, sorry to her the news. If there is anything I can help with, please let me know.

Kind regards

Mike (b33fy)

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

greenwood03

posted on 23/5/12 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
thanks guys. Mike i didnt shout about it on skcc because i wasnt sure of the outcome, i would indeed miss having a car and probably that one as it was so well sorted.......but either way repair or sell the bits n pieces i will for sure be back on the road in a 'kit'.

http://southernkitcars.comIntermarque Club for owners in the South/South East

peter bland

posted on 24/5/12 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
you have u2u

[Edited on 24/5/12 by peter bland]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.