Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: advice on car advert
jabbahutt

posted on 31/5/12 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
advice on car advert

Morning all

Been a while since I last frequented the forum. I've finally got round to getting the MK it's first MOT ready for selling. I've never sold a car before never mind a kit car (my normal road cars are so shoddy they normally go to the scrappies)

I'm going to take several good photos showing various angles of the car and interior along with documentation etc but would greatly appreciate input on what I should include in the wording so below is my first draft and welcome any insight/advice.

For Sale 2.0 MK Indy kit car

£6,499

First registered December 2008 and just passed first MOT May 2012. Immaculate condition with donor parts overhauled with receipts for replacement parts

Rebuilt Sierra running gear and standard tune 2.0 SOHC engine with 205 block and Weber 32/32 DGAV carburettor
Low emissions for age of engine with MOT documentation to prove 135/1200 HC.
Cobra seats on runners with 4 point harnesses
Full set of Stewart Warner digital gauges
Integrated Sat Nav with headphone socket for helmet wearers
Full stainless steel exhaust system

Also included ready for fitting, set of chromed adjustable front upper wishbones utilising rose joints instead of poly bushes.

Driven 750 dry miles only

Abundance of build documentation (including copy of original MAC SVA certificate), receipts and photos on CD

No time wasters please.

Reluctant sale due to time demands of 2 year old daughter.

oh and where would be the best places to advertise it?

Thanks
Nigel

[Edited on 31/5/12 by jabbahutt]

theduck

posted on 31/5/12 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Pistonheads is free so worth putting on there, I bought my Z3 and sold my 197 through there.

Only thing I would want to know that isnt clear is why it was MOTd almost 6 months early? I presume so its sold with 12 months MOT rather than 6 months of not needing one, but worth mentioning.

dunk3

posted on 31/5/12 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
It's not free to advertise on Pistonheads , they now charge £9.99 for 30 days.
jabbahutt

posted on 31/5/12 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
it's not MOT'd 6 months early rather 6 months late. 3 Years ran out 2011 but as it was sorned it sat there until the nicer weather

theduck

posted on 31/5/12 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Ooops. Math fail on my side.
morcus

posted on 31/5/12 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Carandclassic.com is free to advertise I think, as is gumtree but I'm not sure how a kit car would do on the latter.

I have know experience of this what so ever but I always thought your best bet for selling this kind of thing would be shows and special events as people will come who are actively looking for your stuff.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

jabbahutt

posted on 31/5/12 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the feed back everyone. Apart from the MOT comment which to be fair could possibly do with some clarification does anyone have any comments on the current wording and content? Anything need ading or removing? I've avoided things like top speed and 0-60 as you only have to look at the spec to realise it's not top end but compared to a tin top still has the ability to put a smile on your face.

Thanks again for your time
Nigel

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.