Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sky installing help
jacko

posted on 4/6/12 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
Sky installing help

Hi All
my Daughters freeveiw box has packed up, so i have had a idea i have a old sky box can i plug a arial cable in my HD dish and get free tv though that for my Daughter in her bed room ?

jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega 24 v6

posted on 4/6/12 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
not without a card in it IIRC

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Slimy38

posted on 4/6/12 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure it's strictly 'aerial' cable (it's more 'satellite' cable but I don't know if it's actually the same stuff), but yes you can connect your HD dish to your old sky box and get the free channels. You will need to buy a freesat card from Sky, about £40 I think?

More details, http://www.sky.com/shop/freesat/home/

They do mention that the viewing cards expire, and to be honest even the £40 is more expensive than a new freeview box, so you might find buying a new freeview box will be the cheapest option.

westf27

posted on 4/6/12 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
good day

you can plug a cable in as long as you have a spare outlet,if not lnb's are cheap enough.You will get a few channels without a card.
You can also run a cable from the spare outlet rf2 but she will only be able to watch the same channel that you are watching.
If you are raising her correctly then wheeler dealers,cafe racer etc will be very suitable..

leeswesty

posted on 4/6/12 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
If you have a cable connected to the dish and you have an old sky box you can use it for free sat or you can ring sky and get a free view card it will be £25 pound one off and it will give you more channels i work for sky hope this helps lee.

Live life to the max

coozer

posted on 4/6/12 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a sky+ box in the garage that was a multi room thing. When the lad moved out we canceled the multi room and its been wonks... (they have a 1 year old now)

I put the box in the garage just to see and yes it works, all the free channels are there.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.