Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Youth racing
Ninehigh

posted on 14/7/12 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
Youth racing

I asked my son yesterday what he'd like to be when he grows up, he said "play football and race cars"
His mum's the football fan so I think I shall nurture the racing side, but where can I start?

The local karting place wants him to be 11 and 4foot 10, which is a long way off yet (he's 4) so I'm just wondering if there's anywhere he can go? I'm not so fussy about it being competitive right now just somewhere he can go regularly and I imagine we might have to wait a couple of years, or would it be better me kitting out something for me to drive and take him on trackdays with me?

fullpint

posted on 14/7/12 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
What about mini moto's? Me being a biker (when it's dry that is..) I felt the need to get my lad on 2 wheels. It's cheap and great fun, even Dad can have a go.
Also with your lad being young size is not an issue. You can also restrict the throttle movement until he gets the hang of it..

I've over 28 years in dealing with magnesium wheels. Refurbishment and can powder coat most metal parts. Visit my web site if you wish..
www.tpcs-magnesium-refurbs.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RK

posted on 14/7/12 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
You realise that if he is not signed by Red Bull or McLaren by age 5, he won't have a career in racing and your retirement dreams are over?
MkII

posted on 14/7/12 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
If he fancys a go at karting have a look at hooton park circuit (just down the road from you) .I think he would need to be 6 to race but he will probably be able to practice younger.I will be there tomorow as my daughter is racing (cadet no.36), let me know if you need more info or if you go for a look some other time the track owner is Bob Wilson he'll tell you all you need to know. .m.
Ninehigh

posted on 14/7/12 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MkII
If he fancys a go at karting have a look at hooton park circuit (just down the road from you) .I think he would need to be 6 to race but he will probably be able to practice younger.I will be there tomorow as my daughter is racing (cadet no.36), let me know if you need more info or if you go for a look some other time the track owner is Bob Wilson he'll tell you all you need to know. .m.

Looks perfect in fact I'm surprised I didn't know it was there!

Do you have to supply your own kart or is that just a bonus if you have one?

MkII

posted on 14/7/12 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
megan has her own kart. you would probably want to buy your own if karting became a regular pass time. At some circuits they have karts that kids can use to try out karting bfore you spend money on your own kit.dont know if they do this at hooton you'll need to call in and ask. .m.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.