Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA Pass and v627/1 advice
parkiboy

posted on 25/7/12 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
IVA Pass and v627/1 advice

Well my car passed its IVA test at Nottingham today I am just filling in all the DVLA paperwork to send off (how long does this process take?) and im having a bit of trouble with the v627/1

Right I know its going to be a Q plate i accepted that when i bought it, Basically for each component it asks for a Serial/ID number and Origin(registrarion mark or new), obv i can get the engine number but what about the rest? Also the origin for everything is unknown other than the chassis as i bought it part built and only have the receipt for the chassis.

Also the V55/5 is the correct form i should be filling in and not the V55/4?

Daddylonglegs

posted on 25/7/12 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
First of all, congrats on the pass.......I hate you! Not really, just had mine and failed on a few bits but should be able to sort it.

As for registration, I am going for a 'Q' plate and all I had to do was fill in the self-build/amateur build declaration and for the reg form I just filled out the manufacturer and model with what I wanted, along with the VIN which they allocated for me anyhow. I also have a form that I need to hand in with the registration application which the garaged stamped to say the VIN has been stamped on the car.

They said to me that the only reason I would need receipts for major parts etc. was if I was going for an age-related plate.

HTH

BTW, don't know anyone with a sierra brake bias valve going spare do you?

JB

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

robinj66

posted on 25/7/12 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
JB

Do you mean the unit that needs to be mounted at an angle? If so I've got one spare

Daddylonglegs

posted on 25/7/12 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
I hope that's exactly the one I mean!!!

Please, please tell me it's what I need and if so let me know how much, with any luck that will sort my fail point (fronts locking up after the rear so side stepping on hard braking).

piccy below (borrowed off here somewhere )
Bias Valve
Bias Valve

Let me know chap

JB

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

parkiboy

posted on 25/7/12 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
First of all, congrats on the pass.......I hate you! Not really, just had mine and failed on a few bits but should be able to sort it.

As for registration, I am going for a 'Q' plate and all I had to do was fill in the self-build/amateur build declaration and for the reg form I just filled out the manufacturer and model with what I wanted, along with the VIN which they allocated for me anyhow. I also have a form that I need to hand in with the registration application which the garaged stamped to say the VIN has been stamped on the car.

They said to me that the only reason I would need receipts for major parts etc. was if I was going for an age-related plate.

HTH

JB

No I don't sorry!! The only receipt I have is from mk which only includes the chassis and suspension, I don't have a receipt for the running gear or engine! I'm just going to go tomorrow and suck it and see!!

Btw I would recommend Nottingham to anyone, they do anything they can to try and make you pass, they wouldn't even take my retest fee until after the retest incase it failed again, they said they don't want me to have to pay more than one retest fee, top blokes!

parkiboy

posted on 25/7/12 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I hope that's exactly the one I mean!!!

Please, please tell me it's what I need and if so let me know how much, with any luck that will sort my fail point (fronts locking up after the rear so side stepping on hard braking).

piccy below (borrowed off here somewhere )
Bias Valve
Bias Valve

Let me know chap

JB

On a side note to this it's taking me a while to get used to the brakes not been servo assisted! I'm not sure if it's because they are new or it's just me they just don't seem as sharp as other locosts with disks all round! And I even have the wilwood upgrade on the fronts

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.