Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: HONDA WING MIRRORS
tigertom

posted on 9/9/04 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
HONDA WING MIRRORS

Has anybody out there used fireblade wing mirrors.I have a chance of 1999 mirrors but unsure whether to bid on them or not as regards getting the right view in them.I hear you have to cut a wedge to throw the mirror.Is this true?.
darrylwebb

posted on 9/9/04 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a pair of 'Blade mirrors for my Locost. I haven't fitted them yet, but yes, either they'll have to be modified or I'll have to make up an angled mounting block if I don't want to end up looking at my own elbows! You're in N.I.? Me too - Lurgan. Are you far away?
Hellfire

posted on 10/9/04 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
Fireblade mirrors can be fitted without making up a wedge or modifying them. You can mount them on the scuttle with the base at an angle

Mark Allanson

posted on 10/9/04 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
I have CBR600 mirrors (is that a fireblade?). I have not fitted them yet, the nearside one looks like it is going to need some bending to get a decent view out of it as it is obviously designed for the driver to be closer to it.

Hellfire, have you got any pictures of how you located yours?

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Hellfire

posted on 13/9/04 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Mark,

CBR600 and fireblade mirrors I believe are the same, although you can get short and long stemmed ones. We located them by one of us sitting in the drivers seat whilst the other held the mirror on the scuttle. When we were happy with the view, we marked the scuttle and fitted them.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.