Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Making my mirrors legal
scoobyis2cool

posted on 9/9/04 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Making my mirrors legal

Took delivery of my wing mirrors today, but got a bit of work to do before they are SVA compliant. I've marked the problem areas on the pic below, I'm thinking of putting some sort of rubber sheath over it and maybe clamping it with cable ties. Anyone know where I can get something like this fairly cheap? (and don't say the machine on the wall of the gents' )

Thanks,

Pete

[Edited on 9/9/04 by scoobyis2cool] Rescued attachment wing mirror.jpg
Rescued attachment wing mirror.jpg

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locoboy

posted on 9/9/04 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
if you can take the mirrors apart you could get a nut/thread cover and cut the top out of it and push it over and re assemble, wont look very good but i dont think there is a lot you can do to cover it and still keep it looking good

ATB
Locoboy

hortimech

posted on 9/9/04 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
how about heat shrink tubing, pass sva then take it off

Why does everything happen to me

scoobyis2cool

posted on 9/9/04 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hortimech
how about heat shrink tubing, pass sva then take it off

Yeah I've heard mention of heat shrink tubing before, where can I get it from? Do you need to do anything to it to make it fit or do you just pull it over and leave it?

Pete

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon F27

posted on 10/9/04 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
Just cut the heath shrink to the right length. Put it in to the correct position and very carefully with a soldering iron with out touching the heat shrink move up and down the side of it an dit will shrink into place. Afte the SVA leave it on or just get a knife and cut it off.
scoobyis2cool

posted on 10/9/04 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
Ok, well heat shrink sounds like the way to go, next question - where can I get it from?

Cheers

Pete

Deckman001

posted on 10/9/04 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
Any car electrical spares place, I just bought some, £2.20 per metre, not sure how much of a rip off it was, needed it so had to pay what ever it cost

Jason

scoobyis2cool

posted on 10/9/04 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Deckman001
Any car electrical spares place, I just bought some, £2.20 per metre, not sure how much of a rip off it was, needed it so had to pay what ever it cost

Jason

That sounds fairly reasonable to me, not sure what the usual cost is but I need less than a metre so a couple of quid would be fine by me!

Did you buy yours from a national chain or just a local shop? if its a chain, what are they called?

Going to try my luck at maplins tomorrow

Pete

Deckman001

posted on 10/9/04 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Local place, sorry . I'm sure maplins would do it tho as it's common in electrical component shops

Jason

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.