Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Normandy trip next summer
theconrodkid

posted on 26/8/12 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Normandy trip next summer

i have been looking at holiday ideas for next summer,the best i can come up with is.....a trip to Normandy,visit the beaches,museums and memorials to D day with a couple of drives out into the countryside and some time dossing on the sand.
farm houses can be had for as little as £200 a week for somewhere that sleeps 4 and £350 to sleep 6/8.that is all in (self catering) not per person.
so....anyone interested ?,dates and locations are all up in the air at the mo so feel to comment/deride my ideas

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

bbwales

posted on 26/8/12 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi!

it sounds very good but do not rule out camping as this can be very cheap using municipal camp sites which are everywhere. Unfortunately we are off touring around Germany next year otherwise we most certainly would have joined you. If I remember correctly there is a very good campsite in Cruelly which is a short drive from Arromanche and Bayeaux it has a huge field as well as individual plots where a group could get together.

Regards

Bob

theconrodkid

posted on 26/8/12 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
i supose i should have pointed out that it is open to all,wives and G/F,s as well,i am sure they would prefer a bit of home comfort,thanks for your input anyhow

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Volvorsport

posted on 26/8/12 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
south of france for us next year...... 600 euro for two weeks ..

anyway , ive always wanted to do the normandy beaches , i did omaha beach on a works trip. Id love to do a trip from normandy right into germany following in grandads footsteps....

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

SteveWalker

posted on 26/8/12 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
i have been looking at holiday ideas for next summer,the best i can come up with is.....a trip to Normandy,visit the beaches,museums and memorials to D day with a couple of drives out into the countryside and some time dossing on the sand.

Make sure you visit Mont St. Michel and see if you can get along to Brittany and visit St. Malo and Dinan too if you can.

The north of France is full of interesting and picturesque places and depending upon timing, is not too crowded.

We go fairly often, as my parents own half a house (my uncle and aunt own the other half) about half an hour's drive from St. Malo.

SteveW

designer

posted on 27/8/12 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
The Normandy/Brittanny areas are good for war stuff. But, don't forget the Pas-de-Calais if you go over via Calais.

La Coupole near St Omer is a gigantic underground bunker under a huge concrete dome and was built toward the end of the war to build and launch the V2 rockets. It's well worth a trip, the dome itself is the biggest concrete dome in the world.

The Second World War Museum near Calais is in an old German Bunker and has a long range gun outside that shelled Dover.

Eperlecques, again near St Ome, is a hugh concrete blockhouse used to launch the V2.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 28/8/12 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
all places noted chaps,thanks for the ideas

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.