Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Donnington show, yes or no?
R1 STRIKER

posted on 30/8/12 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Donnington show, yes or no?

Hi everyone.

Just deciding if I should make the trip from hereford to the kit car show this year. What's it like these days? It's been some years since I last went and I know it's had mixed opinions over the the years. The last time I was there, a friend and I were giving passenger rides for Raw engineering in our Strikers, which I guess must have been 2003/04.

Also, If I pay to get into the show, will I be able to watch the 750mc racing as well or do I have to pay seperately for that? Would like to see the Rgb race.

Thanks

Ben.

adithorp

posted on 30/8/12 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
There's been no show at Donington since (I think) 06 or'07. So it's a new show at the venue of an old show with new organisers (CompleteKitCar). As a result it's hard to say how good it will be but I'm hopefull it'll be good.

As I understand it entry to the show includes the racing. Turn up in the kit and you get in free.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

R1 STRIKER

posted on 30/8/12 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
So hopefully it could be a good one!

Sadly I'm kit car'less at the moment. My 1st striker is currently for sale on piston heads and teases me every time I look! I've got the bug for a new car so want to have a look at whats about. Some nice stuff from mnr, raw and also westfield so would like a proper look.

Proby

posted on 30/8/12 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
I think I might go along, if the shows crap, at least the racing should be good entertainment!!

Visit GraphicMonster

snippy

posted on 30/8/12 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
I will be going to this new show and judging by the write up in the current issue of Complete Kit Car they have put a lot of effort into the planning of this show. You also get a 50% discount into the Donninton Grand Prix collection museum by showing your show wrist band. Yes it`s free if you go in a kit as a driver but passengers will be paying £15 on the day to get in. I think £10 would have been more acceptable and wonder if the price tag will scare a few away? Whatever, I hope the show is a success and it becomes a new annual event for somewhere else for us all to go.
adithorp

posted on 30/8/12 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snippy
Yes it`s free if you go in a kit as a driver but passengers will be paying £15 on the day to get in. I think £10 would have been more acceptable and wonder if the price tag will scare a few away?

It's £10 for kit passengers (as opposed to normally £15 adult entry) though it is £15 for kit passengers who camp (2days entry and camping fee).

hobbsy

posted on 30/8/12 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Adi - heard you are going hopefully I will see you there
adithorp

posted on 30/8/12 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Are you coming home just for this... or have you got a knackered engine to fit

puma931

posted on 31/8/12 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
The weather looks like it will be good :-)

I will be there tomorrow, and £15 is good value as it also includes the racing, which costs £15.

Sierra

posted on 31/8/12 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
I will hopefully be coming up to this so I can see the different styles of kit cars before buying one. Will be bugging people for info and see if they let me sit in their car to see if I fit.
jimgiblett

posted on 31/8/12 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp

Hobbsy is coming up with me in my Alfa Scuderia (hopefully it will be classed as a "kit car" )

Would bring the Fury but Procomp are working their magic getting the chassis upgraded.

- Jim

Alfa145

posted on 31/8/12 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
Sun is shining, car is washed and packed. Just need to fetch the required Bacon and Sausages for the camping breakfast then I'll be off......

Looking at the forcast it should be the first dry kit show this year.....(hope that doesn't jinx it!)

coozer

posted on 31/8/12 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, I'm coming. (to the show btw)

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

adithorp

posted on 31/8/12 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sierra
I will hopefully be coming up to this so I can see the different styles of kit cars before buying one. Will be bugging people for info and see if they let me sit in their car to see if I fit.

mine wil be on the JPSC pitch. come and find me a.d you'll be welcome to try it for size

thefreak

posted on 31/8/12 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be going Be out on track as well in the SR/GT class (I think?) I'm not in the white MX150R car 77 if you see it missing apexes and braking points lol
parkiboy

posted on 31/8/12 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
I really wanted to go, I was excited for this as I thought it would be my first show in my car but after the terrible luck I have had with the engine givig up on the first run I can imagine seeing everyone there in there cara just royally pissing me off lol
hobbsy

posted on 3/9/12 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp

I may have had some engine swappery to do yes. It's not my fault (as usual - well apart from the once... no twice!)

Good to see you Adi, Rog and Ed.

Sonic7

posted on 4/9/12 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thefreak
I'll be going Be out on track as well in the SR/GT class (I think?) I'm not in the white MX150R car 77 if you see it missing apexes and braking points lol

is this you ?

stig mills

posted on 7/9/12 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
From my stance it is very difficult to justify doing 3 shows in the same part of the Country when they are only a few months apart. The reality is that a good proportion of the visitors to Stoneleigh also went to Newark and Donington. That's fine if you are not trying to sell anything. Now if a show were held North in the peak summer that would be a boost to the industry in terms of showing our wares to a predominately different crowd and hopefully under the sun. It has always seemed very odd to me that all the shows are in the shoulder months of the summer, I am told by the organisers of the various shows however that summer shows don't draw big crowds due to holidays. Shame really when the best chance of good weather for our fair weather cars is coincidently when there is no show to attend.
Now if a show took place at a track with a fee for track use and manufacturers/parts and tools folk were charged a smallish fee to erect a mini marque next to their owners area to display and sell from,
you could probably have a big show! So how about Croft or Blighton. They are further North, fairly low cost venues, July maybe, £30 for half an hour on track perhaps. What do you guys think?
Sorry that should be Blyton, or I wonder if manufacturers would travel to Knockhill. It's been some years since a Scottish kit car show took place.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.