Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rally Design UJ Quality
T66

posted on 13/9/12 at 06:21 AM Reply With Quote
Rally Design UJ Quality

Bought the Sierra one a while back, fitted it yesterday and the triangular section doesnt fit. This when compared to the old one is slightly different, as the latching piece is on a pin which lets it swivel. It also has about 5mm of slack to allow it to slip over the column.

Ive tried wiggling the the pin to create slack, whats the verdict have I bought the duffer for a change,anyone else had bother?

Macbeast

posted on 13/9/12 at 06:36 AM Reply With Quote
Mine ( bought via GTS ) was fine.

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

Ben_Copeland

posted on 13/9/12 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
They get everything copied in china. So quality differs. Make sure you have receipt if sending back etc

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

marc n

posted on 13/9/12 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
all the triangular joints from rally design are the same, the pin thats staked in place needs to be drilled out and nut and bolted, dont bother sending back as they will send you another one with the same problem, they have had this problem for about 2 years we buy 15-20 a month and mod them all as above

cheers

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
T66

posted on 13/9/12 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n
all the triangular joints from rally design are the same, the pin thats staked in place needs to be drilled out and nut and bolted, dont bother sending back as they will send you another one with the same problem, they have had this problem for about 2 years we buy 15-20 a month and mod them all as above

cheers

marc

Thanks for the replies folks, its getting drilled this morning

wylliezx9r

posted on 13/9/12 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n

cheers

marc

I had to do exactly the same. The joints also have excessive play in them, but I can't find another supplier so guess I'm stuck

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

Stott

posted on 13/9/12 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
I had the same dan, south Wales props in Newport do new ujs to fit in them £10 a pop. They are the dogs and are play free, easy to fit.

Hth
Stott

coozer

posted on 14/9/12 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
Now then, in the good old days we supplied Ford with a similar one for the Mondeo, same design, different size..

Phone rings one day..Hello Steve, we have a problem.. the line has stopped....

Picked meself up off the floor and was on the next flight...

Turns out the angle of the V was wrong meaning the shaft didn't sit down in bracket and the clamp wouldn't swing over..

After much investigation it was down to the stamping press 'just' applying too much pressure and nipping it in a bit..

Stopping the line at Genk was a major, the fix being a chap line side with a wedge and BIG hammer to open it out slightly.

I suspect the chinese press people have no idea on the black art of stamping and cant control the 'V'

Get the big hammer out!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.