Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Goodwood Revival this weekend
James

posted on 14/9/12 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Goodwood Revival this weekend

Anyone going to Goodwood Revival tomorrow/this weekend?

I'm going Saturday for a friend's birthday.

Anyone been before? What's particularly worth going to see?

I know it's a massive show so better to know the good stuff rather than just pottering!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

bob

posted on 14/9/12 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Much better than the Festival of Speed IMO.

Just keep walking,always something to see in the paddock area,head straight for the tunnel entrance to the paddock.

Tractor trailer will take you all the way around the track, just jump off and on at bus stops.

I normally sit on the hill at Lavant, good view of the track and excellent for the spitfire and hurricane take off and fly pass.

Enjoy, wish i was going this year. Maybe do a weekend next year

mark chandler

posted on 14/9/12 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Make sure you dress appropriately, blazer and slacks with G/F in mini skirt

You need to pay the extra for the stands, it's good fun plenty to see but make sure you leave in plenty of time. We went to the FOS earlier this year and got caught in traffic on the M27/A27 and arrived at 12 so leave at 7am from where you are if not earlier.

Foods also good, take plenty of money though.

Humbug

posted on 14/9/12 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
James - I'll be there tomorrow with SWMBO. We've got grandstand seats this year, so may not be walking around too much (also, SWMBO had her knees operated on 6 weeks ago).

The racing is good to watch (!), plus the air displays, but wandering around is also good as they have statics displays. Can be good to go to a couple of different places on the circuit to watch the races from a different perspective.

May see you there!

Cheers,

Simon

rusty nuts

posted on 16/9/12 at 01:12 AM Reply With Quote
I really want to go to this one year at least , but at the moment I'm in Nova Scotia as SWMBO wants to go whale watching
probablyleon

posted on 16/9/12 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
Wanted to go for years. A while back I got a call asking for my availability for the 16th (I'm a musician). Turns out I'm playing with a band at some kind of after party at the revival! I don't know any more about the gig, it could be a party for Lord March and his rich and famous guests, or for the marshals, stewards, catering staff etc. Heading off in a minute to make the most of my free pass
steve m

posted on 16/9/12 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
Next time i go, i will take a step ladder, as last time saw ............... nothing !!

Humbug

posted on 16/9/12 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Had a good day there yesterday - weather was bright and sunny, and we were only queuing for about 40 minutes to get in... missed the first race

Lots to see as usual (though I didn't see you, James!)

A couple of pics here - more here

Some exhaust ideas here, or V8 Beetle anyone?

[Edited on 16.09.2012 by Humbug]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.