New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nice Blog - middy Lexus V8 car
Fred W B

posted on 21/9/12 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Nice Blog - middy Lexus V8 car

blog here

Cheers

Fred W B

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

TheGiantTribble

posted on 21/9/12 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
WOW mighty fine looking engine/transaxle you've got there.
Texan

posted on 22/9/12 at 03:09 AM Reply With Quote
I didn't see what it took to mate the Lexus to the Audi transaxle. Is it that simple and everything bolts up together and plays nicely?

Keep in mind that I'm from the States and some of the model names aren't the same over here, presuming we can get them at all. So what's a Run X? That's what they said the hubs were from. He said it as if it was a Toyota model.

[Edited on 22/9/12 by Texan]

I drive therefore I am.

Ivan

posted on 22/9/12 at 06:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Texan
I didn't see what it took to mate the Lexus to the Audi transaxle. Is it that simple and everything bolts up together and plays nicely?

Keep in mind that I'm from the States and some of the model names aren't the same over here, presuming we can get them at all. So what's a Run X? That's what they said the hubs were from. He said it as if it was a Toyota model.

[Edited on 22/9/12 by Texan]

The RunX is one of the local versions of the Toyota Carolla hatchback going back about 10 years so nothing special.

Doug68

posted on 23/9/12 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
I'd like to see how he got the engine and trans to mate, it's not a straight forward job as I found out.
See here if interested.

Doug. 1TG
Sports Car Builders WA

Texan

posted on 23/9/12 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
The B and C kit seemed to say it was for the Porsche G50 not the Audi. Am I just reading that wrong?

The little bit that showed in your link didn't seem to be all that bad. Is there more fiddling somewhere on another page or 2 that I didn't see? That link didn't have a lot and there was no apparent jump point to more details. The next page I saw was August and it didn't mention it.

I drive therefore I am.

Doug68

posted on 24/9/12 at 04:23 AM Reply With Quote
Mine is a 1UZ-FE to Audi 012, B&C made the parts for me to my design (with help from other places for the bolting data).
B&C have made a few different ones search on GT40s.com under 1UZ.
The trans in the car in SA I don't think is an 012 maybe an 01E or a 016, not sure.
There's a link on my site to download the plans for my design if that's the route you are going.

[Edited on 24/9/12 by Doug68]

Doug. 1TG
Sports Car Builders WA

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.